Chapter 17

Liam's POV:

I'm surprised. It may be only two months, but holy crap. Lexi actually smiled. I saw it with my own eyes. Though I doubt anyone would believe me if I told them.

"Lexi DeFleur, is that a little smile on your face?" I asked her, happiness coated in my voice.

It's only been two months since I haven't seen Lexi's smile, while everyone who's been with her for the past 5 years hasn't seen her smile. But it's been a whole 5 years that I didn't see her at all.

Her smile was the most angelic thing I've ever seen in my entire life. I'm not even joking.

A blush rose in Lexi's cheeks and Lexi's smile faded. Damn.

"N-no," Lexi said, embarassed. My hand rested on her cheek and my thumb went on her chin, making her face me, those red eyes staring up at me.

"It's okay to smile. Since when was it wrong to smile?" I said.

Lexi sighed. "What you saw was just a little smile. Besides, I'll truly smile when the Sins Invasion is over, when no one needs to suffer anymore and when it's safe enough to rebuild France and Italy," Lexi said, with a little sadness in her eyes.

In her eyes, I could also see a little bit of doubt, like the Sins Invasion is never going to end.

"It will end soon, Lexi. Then everyone will get to see your beautiful smile again," I said. Then Lexi's body relaxes on the bed, her breathing slowing down.

"I'm going back to sleep," Lexi said before closing her eyes.

She placed her hands on my chest and my arms wrapped around her waist, careful not to touch her wounds. Her body was close to me, her warmth added to mine. Lexi's face was hidden in my neck and my head was on top of hers protectively.

Kite's POV:

Today was amazing. I'm so glad that me and Belle were able to spend the day with Gwen and Aiden.

"Kite! I'm done picking out Gwen's outfit!" Belle yelled, since she was still upstairs. I smiled, excited about seeing my beautiful girlfriend.

Belle's head peeked from upstairs, looking down at me, then Aiden's head was next to Belle's. They had Chesire Cat smiles on their faces. Crap, they're lucky I'm too nice to them.

Both of them started walking down the stairs. Aiden wore a simple white t-shirt with black skinnies and his black Converse. His dark brown hair was like Carl Grime's hair from The Walking Dead.

Once they reached downstairs, they took a deep breath. "We present to you, Gwen Ramirez!"

And I swear, the next thing that happened, took my breath away.

Gwen came out from behind a wall, looking absolutely gorgeus as ever.

Her silver blonde hair was curled, and at the top of her head, was a white beanie. She wore a white tank top, which was tucked in her high waisted shorts. To keep her warm was an oversized yellow cardigan. Down her legs were black knee high socks and her black combat boots covering her feet.

Her dark green hazel eyes twinkled. I looked down to her lips and they gave me a little smile. Her lips were pink and plump.

Gwen came down the stairs, with her hand on the rail. When her feet reached the floor, I grabbed her by the waist and kissed her. She gasped and tensed up, but then she relaxed a few seconds after.

"Ooooooh!" Belle and Aiden giggled. They wolf whistled and cheered for us.

When I pulled out of the kiss, I turned to see Belle and Aiden not looking at us anymore, but looking at their right. The cute little devils.