Rumors

I wake up the next day nervous to tell Natsu about how I think Gajeel will spread rumors that he's my boyfriend. I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way. I just don't think I can handle the pressure of being his girlfriend at school.

I get up and get ready for school and head out of the house. I see Natsu walking to me and he's smiling He sees I'm not and he looks worried.

"What's wrong?" He ask worriedly.

"Last night I remembered something Gajeel said and it worries me." I tell him sadly

"Well what did he say?"

"You heard him. When you attacked him again. When he said 'Just had to call for your boyfriend huh? You dumb bitch.' He called you my boyfriend and you didn't object or correct him. He can take that and run with it and spread rumors. I just know I'd become a target for your jealous ex's and you'd be a target for supposedly dating a goody two shoes. I'd get attacked and you'd be a laughing stock!" I shout and feel tears in my eyes.

Natsu walks up and hugs me tightly. Just him holding me helps me calm down.

"Calm down now. We can still go with what you said yesterday that I took the opportunity to fight him and we can both deny the claims. I can even give you dirty looks if you think it'll help keep people off of us. Whatever you are comfortable with." He says softly and strokes my hair lovingly.

"Deny the claims and if people get suspicious you can do the dirty looks and I'll do the same. Just to keep people off of us. I'd rather pretend to hate you than be a target for loving you in public." I slap my hand over my mouth at the last part and Natsu just smiles at me

"I heard that." He teases making me blush. "Come on. I know you don't like to be late." He says as he takes my hand

We walk to school but Natsu suddenly drops my hand and moves away from me. I look at him curiously and he nods to the person running at us.

"Natsu! Bro what's been going on?! First I catch you crying then I hear you got in a full on fight with Gajeel and just now I could of sworn I saw you holding this girls hand! Talk to me man. What's going on?!" The guy shouts and gets practically in Natsu's face.

"Gray back off." Natsu growls menacingly "I wasn't holding her hand. I told you not a word to anyone about me crying and yeah I fought Gajeel. You know I hate him and I never turn down a fight!" Natsu shouts

"Rumor has it your in love with the girl you saved. If I'm not mistaken this is her. Explain that." Gray says smugly

"I'm not and she just happens to live by me so she knows me. That's why she called me for help. Plus she knows I hate Gajeel so I'd gladly fight him."

"Whatever man. Just know rumors are spreading so be prepared. You to whatever your name is." Gray says and walks off.

"It's started already...." I whisper sadly

"It'll be ok. Don't worry." Natsu says softly and walks ahead of me to school.

I take a deep breath and walk into school and head to class. This time Natsu walked in before the bell and he looked rather annoyed. No doubt because of the rumors. He walks over to his seat and smiles softly and sits down.

"It's started." He whispers and I nod slightly.

I notice Natsu keep scooting his chair closer again. I know he wants to be close to me but if we are going to put a stop to these rumors I have to be cold to him. I tap him and glare at him and push his chair away with my foot. He glares right back and growls a bit. I just roll my eyes and look away and he growls more.