We made it to the hospital within a few minutes and before the truck stopped we were out of it. We all ran up to the hospital, frantically asking where they were.

"Slow down" the nurse urged us "who are ya looking for?".

"Ponyboy Curtis, Johnny Cade, and Dallas Winston" Darry finally coughed out.

"Johnny is in 265 and Dallas is in 263. Ponyboy should be waiting by the rooms" she informed us. And right after we were running up the stairs and to the second floor.

Soda made it through the double doors first and then Darry and then me. When I finally walked in, Ponyboy and Soda already had each other wrapped in there arms.

Ponyboy was blonde now?

Soda ran a hand through Ponyboys hair and said something about it, but I couldn't quit hear.

Ponyboy then looked down to Darry. They looked at each other for a few seconds before Ponyboy came running down the hall and embracing him in a hug, talking about how sorry he was.

Soda came up and joined the hug. I stayed back, I didn't wanna intrude on their moment.

After they all broke apart Ponyboy looked over to me. We each walked halfway to each other and hugged each other tightly.

"I was so worried about you kid" I said as I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I was worried about him and Johnny so much. Maybe not as much as Darry and Soda, I could never match a brother love. But I was really worried.

"Ponyboy, your hair" I stifled a laugh.

"I know" he half-smiled.

"Dallas, he isn't too bad is he?" I asked as we walked back to Soda and Darry.

He shook his head "Dally's fine, but Johnny ain't lookin too good" he sighed softly as they sat down on the waiting chairs.

"Well I guess they won't let us see Johnny, but I'm gonna see Dallas one way or another" I said and walked over to the door he was in.

It was open so I walked on in.

Dallas was laying there, smoking a cigarette. I yanked it out of his mouth and put it out. "How the hell did you get a cigarette?".

"Nice to see you too" he mumbled.

I sighed, I didn't wanna fight especially not right now "are you alright?".

"Yeah, just burned my arm a bit that's all" he answered with no tone.

"Dallas I don't wanna fight okay" I said softly.

"I know, it's a hospital and it's pretty quite" he said.

"No, I mean at all. I don't know why we been fightin' so much lately but it's not like us and I don't like it." I said, looking over to him from the ground.

He nodded "alright" he answered and I knew that was enough for Dallas. "How Johnny?" He wondered.

I shrugged "I haven't seen him yet, doctors won't let us. Darry'll probably knock some sense into the soon though. Ponyboy said he's pretty bad off".

He pursed his lips "we gotta beat those Socs".

"What'd you mean , beat those Socs?"

He looked over to me "I forgot we didn't tell you ... tomorrow night we're suppose to have a rumble. Grease against soc" he answered.

"What? How come no one told me!?"

"Calm it, it's only skin on skin. No weapons" he assured me "and your not aloud in it".

"Cause I'm a girl?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"No ... well partly. But also cause I don't want you gettin hurt. Soda and I both agreed that you shouldn't be a part of it as well as the rest of the gang."

I bit my lip softly, yeah I wanted to help. It was Johnny. We were doing this for him. But I knew I couldn't ... other greasers would probably laugh if a girl was in a rumble.

"Fine ..." I trailed off "I'm gonna stay here tonight. I'll make sure the three musketeers go home first" I said as I stood up and walked out the door.

Soda was off messing around with the reporters while Ponyboy and Darry were still sitting down, being 'interviewed'. Darry finally told them to go away, said that Pony wasn't in any condition to be crowded.

Darry finally knocked some sense into the nurses to let us see Johnny. He wasn't doing good at all. He was out cold when we saw him. Which was a good thing because he needed a lot of rest.

We all made our way out of Johnnys room when Darry turned to us "alright, let's get goin home".

"I'm gonna stay" I nodded.

"Elliot you should really get some sleep ..." Soda tried to point out.

I shrugged "my brothers in here, but Ponyboy really needs to get home and so do you guys. Y'all got less sleep than me and I wouldn't get much sleep tonight anyways."

They looked to each other but nodded, SodaPop pulled me into a tight hug and softly let me go as they walked out of the building.

For the rest of the night I stayed in Johnnys room ... Dallas knew too. Dallas would be fine, I was more worried about Johnny. They didn't like the idea of me sleepin' in there at first but they finally stopped arguing with me.

I was awake most the night anyways.