8.

Elliot's P.O.V

We ran around the back of the DX where the back door to the garage was.

I opened the door a little bit, peeking inside to see if anyone was near there.

"Alright" Dallas said "you get Soda, I got Steve" he grinned.

We slowly and quietly walked in the back door, making sure. No one was coming back to where we were.

Both the boys were at the back of the cars, at the front of the garage. Dallas waved me over to Sodas side as he sneaked his way over to the side of Steve's car.

We both snuck along side and at the same time we jumped up yelling their names, scaring them.

Steve jumped and staggered back and Soda turned so fast that he fell backwards.

Dallas and I looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"S-Soda" I gasped out, while laughing "a-are you o-okay?" I laughed out.

He looked up at me and shook his head "is that payback?".

I bent over laughing, trying my hardest to catch my breath.

Steve stood there not knowing what to do.
"Y'all are real assholes" he said, scrunching his nose.

I caught my breath finally as well as Dallas and stood back up, looking around to see no Soda.

"Wait where did Soda g-" but I couldn't even get the whole sentence out before he came up behind me, picking me up by the waist.

I let out a short scream, and gripped onto his forearms.

He lightly tickled my sides, causing me to start laughing again. "SodaPop Patrick Curtis I-I'm not responsible for y-your injuries" I choked out.

He set me down, keeping a hold of my waist. "Payback honey" he chuckled.

I swatted his arms off of me. "Okay, maybe I deserved that".

He let go of me, smiling like an idiot "you did deserve that".

Off to the side Steve and Dallas had been watching us.

"So uh, what are y'all doin here?" Steve asked, breaking the small moment of silence.

"Wanted to come see y'all in action" I joked, walking over to the middle of the two cars as Soda and Steve started working on them again.

"Hey Cherry, you gonna take up my offer as the cashier?" Soda asked, paying attention to what he was working on, on the car.

"I don't know, I was thinkin about gettin a job down at the record store" I said, looking over to Dallas who had already walked out of the garage and was talking to a few broads.

"You outta work with Soda and I" Steve commented.

"Why's that?"

"Well, that way you know two people you work with and you got two people to walk home with so those Socs don't bother ya" Steve pointed out.

"That's true ... alright, I'll take you up on that offer" I nodded.

"Alright, is tomorrow after school fine?" Soda asked, glancing up at me.

"Yeah, yeah that should be fine" I tried to think if I had something to do tomorrow but I couldn't think of anything.

"Alright, sounds good" he said "hey uh Elliot" he said, getting my attention.

"Yeah?"

"You seein that Cole Guy?" He asked

I furrowed my eyebrow a bit, but to where he didn't notice "yeah, why?"

He shrugged "I guess I was just wonderin if you was gonna be goin on anymore dates with him"

"I don't know Cola, he hasn't asked me on anymore yet"

"He'd be stupid not to" he assured me.

"Well ... thanks" I said awkwardly.

There was a few moments of silence.

"Hey Soda, it's that time" Steve said, breaking the moment.

"Alright Ell, we're getting ready to close up. You might wanna get Dal" Soda said and
Looked to me.

I nodded "okay, come find me when you get out. I'll be out here"

I walked out of the garage part and near the gas pumps. I looked around for Dallas until I found him near the same broads I had saw him with a few minutes earlier.

I rolled my eyes. These boy attracted girls so easily. Like flies to Honey. Especially SodaPop and Dally.

I walked over to where the three people were and stood in front of Dallas. "Hey Dally, Soda and Steve are closing up now. You gonna walk home with us?"

Dallas opened his mouth to say something but before he could one of the girls beat him to it.

"Can't you see he's talking to someone?" She said and smiled wryly.

I looked over to Dallas for help but he didn't do anything. I guess I was smiling because the other girl decided to join in.

"Is that funny?" The other asked

"Yeah, it is" I said through gritted teeth "I suggest unless you're looking for a fight that you should scram"

"Well I suggest that unless you're actually gonna fight us, that you should leave" one said.

"You just said what I- you know what never mind." I said and turned around pretending to walk away.

"Who is she anyways" one of the girls whispered.

I stopped, I just couldn't let this go.

I turned around and started walking my way back over to them.

"If I were you I would watch your mouth, I could have you on that ground in a matter of a couple seconds along with your little friend and don't think for a second I wouldn't" I hissed "so if I were you I would be careful who you talk to like that" I spat that time.

They both backed up a little.

Dallas opened his mouth again to say something but this time I cut him off.

"Don't even bother. You're suppose to be my brother" I said, turning towards the door of the DX where Steve and Soda were now coming out.

I walked over to them, turning my head to the road so I couldn't get over how I was a little hurt and then looking back over to them.

"You okay?" Steve asked, looking confused

"Yeah I'm fine" I lied, taking out my cherry chapstick and applying it to my lips before shoving it back into the pocket of my jacket.

Steve and Soda looked to each other and shrugged it off.

"Come on" I urged as I began to walk down the road to the Curtis house.

They both caught up to me and walked along beside me.

Most of the way we just joked around and laughed. Which was the usual with these two. That's why I loved being around them, they made everything feel like a good time.

Steve was like a brother to me, sometimes it feels like he's more of one than Dallas. I guess I get it though, Dallas had a reputation before I showed up.

But Sodapop was like my best friend ... I've never really had a best friend I've always been the type of girl that doesn't count on other people.

But with Soda it was different.