37.

Elliot's P.O.V

I walked out of the DX and to Steve and Soda who were just now shutting the garage. Soda looked to me and threw me the keys.

I made my way back to the door and locked them. As Soda walked back over I tossed the keys back to him.

"I'm going to stray off to pick up Evie, I'll met you two back at y'alls House" Steve Said, waving to us and walking the opposite way.

Soda and I waved to him as we continued to walk.

"You excited for tonight?" Soda smiled big.

"Of course" I chuckled "you and Steve in a drag race? Totally not worried y'all are gonna get in a crash" I joked.

He rolled his eyes playfully "oh shush, we're gonna be fine honey".

"I know ... I just worry about ya sometimes, that's all" I smiled softly. Of course I worried about him, he was my boyfriend.

He pulled me to him by my waist "no need to worry Elliot, we'll be as careful as we always are".

"That doesn't give me any hope" I glared at him.

He looked down to me and smiled that small smile he did whenever he knew he got under my skin.

I shoved him away from me and rolled my eyes.

"I'm kidding, baby" he said and pulled me back to him. "You know i love you" he kissed the top of my head.

"I know" I sighed "I love you too".

We pulled up to the Curtis's house and Soda propped the door open for me. I walked in and no one was there of course.

Dallas, Pony, and Johnny were going to the drive-in. Two-Bit was probably out getting drunk somewhere and Darry was working late.

"Hhmmm what should I wear tonight?" I wondered aloud as I walked into my room.

I found a pair of jeans and pulled them out of the dresser. I then rummaged through my shirts until I found a dark red tank top.

I quickly changed out of my clothes and put on the new clothes.

I spritzed a little perfume on and put my hair up in a ponytail with my scrunchie.

I walked out of my room when I was finished, Soda walked out of his behind me.

While he was walking behind me, he took a hold of my scrunchie and pulled it out of my hair.

"Hey!" I whined and turned around, trying to snatch the scrunchie out of his hand.

He held it above my head "I like your hair down" he grinned and put the scrunchie on his wrist.

I pursed my lips "Yeah, yeah I know that".

"I'm gonna hold it for you and you are gonna keep your hair down at this race" he smiled.

"You are being really annoyin' today" I sneered.

He snickered "come on, Evie and Steve are waitin' outside" he said, placing a hand on the small of my back and guiding me outside.

"Evie!" I smiled as I saw her outside.

"Elliot, hey!" Evie smiled widely and hugged me as I walked up.

I hugged her back softly "I've missed you!".

"I've missed you too!" She said softly as we pulled away.

"I'll see you at the race, okay" Evie nodded.

"Alright" I nodded back. Steve and Evie climbed into Steve's car and Soda and I climbed into Soda's.