16.

Elliot's P.O.V

Day two of being suspended and I was doing exactly what I did yesterday, standing behind the counter at the DX working, with Soda in the garage like always.

His black eye had already toned down, it wasn't as bad as it could've been. But I couldn't stop thinking about if Dallas had saw us in the truck right before everything had happened.

I assume he didn't cause he didn't say anything but it still worried me. Sure Dallas was reckless and didn't give a shit about anything but one thing I know he gives a shit about is me, and I mean that in a non-cocky way too.

I was just hoping that if he did see it that he wouldn't be mad at Soda. That wouldn't end well.

It was about closing time and I was cleaning up the counter when I felt two hands slide onto my hips causing me jump slightly and turn around to see Soda.

"Soda you scared me" I laughed.

He smiled lightly "that was the point" he moved his hands down to the back of my thighs and picked me up so my legs wrapped around his waist.

"Soda what are you doing?" I asked as he sat me down on the counter and eagerly pressed his lips to mine.

"Eager today?" I mumbled.

He said nothing, just continued to lightly shove his tongue into my mouth.

A few minutes passed and the bell on the door rang.

"Awe come on" A voice that belonged to Ponyboy said.

I pulled away, snickering a bit "oh hey Ponyboy" I said and turned around to see Ponyboy, Johnny, and Two-Bit.

"Since when were you two, uh ...." Two-Bit began and then stopped.

My eyes got big and I shook my head frantically "no, no you've got it wrong ... we've never, I mean we don't" Soda the cut me off.

"We're just ... seeing how things go"

Two-Bit laughed "I'm just messing with y'all. Just be careful around your brother" he said and pointed to me.

My face turned red "Yeah, yeah I know" I said and hopped down from the counter.

Soda grabbed onto my waist before I could walk away "hold on, they'll leave" he said and looked over to the group of three boys.

I stood on my tiptoes and whispered something to him.

He chuckled about and nodded "okay, let's get outta here" he said and took my hand into his.

We walked out and I locked the door and threw them to Soda who took them and put the back into his pocket.

After about 15 minutes we all made it back to the Curtis's house. We all walked in and it was just us, Steve, and Darry sitting there.

We all sat down around the coffee table and Steve pulled out some cards and we began to play poker, which for now was for fun but we've bet stuff before.

We were in the middle of the game when there was a knock on the door.

"Who's comin over here this late?" Soda said, raising an eyebrow.

Ponyboy got up and answered the door.
"Can I help you?" He asked.

A kinda deep voice came from behind the door "I'm looking for Elliot Winston" he said.

I furrowed and got up, Soda watching as I got up and got up behind me just in case it was someone who we didn't wanna see.

I walked around the couch and looked into the doorway to see a tall, tan figure with dark black hair standing there.

I studied his features for a bit and I froze for a moment.

"Oh my god" I said and walked a little closer "oh my god!! Mason!!" I practically yelled and ran over to him, hugging him and almost knocking him over.

"It's nice to see you too Ella" he said, hugging me back.

I shoved him back "wait, what are you doin here?" I asked.

"I talked to your parents and they said you came down here to live with Dallas and I thought I should com visit you" he stated.

I couldn't help smiling like an idiot, Mason was my best friend back in New York. He use to visit me all the time in Connecticut, we've known each other for so long.

"Where are you staying?"

"Oh, my Aunt lives down here. Listen I just had to see you once I got here, but can I see you while I'm here ... I can pick you up sometime"

"Yes, yes of course you can. Just let me know when" I nodded.

"Alright kiddo" he said and pulled me into another hug before waving to me and getting into his car and driving off.

I walked back inside and closed the door behind me "Well that was unexpected" I laughed a bit.

"Who was it?" Steve asked.

I looked to Soda and I couldn't tell his emotion. "His names Mason, he's from New York and he use to be my best friend ... I haven't seen him in a few months"

Soda, Ponyboy, and I sat back down and finished the card game. After it ended everyone who didn't live at the Curtis's house went home.

I walked into the hallway and opened my room door, closing it behind me. I took off my clothes and put on one of the shirts soda gave me. I turned off the light and slipped under the covers on my bed, turning my back to the door.

After about 30 minutes of Latin there and not being able to sleep I heard the door creep open and close.

I stayed where I was until the person lightly turned me over onto my back and I came face to face with SodaPop.

"Hey there" he whispered

"Hi" I smiled softly

"Now, you cant let me fall asleep in here" he mumbled and leaned down, leaving a small kiss on my lips.

"No promises" I whispered.

He leaned back down and kissed my lips once more.

I wondered how we got here, how did we go from being friends to this and how did it happen so quickly. I didn't really have one to think about it though.

"So must be nice to see Mason here huh" Soda said, laying on hi side next to me, one arm draped across and his hand on my hip.

I smiled at the thought of it "definitely, I didn't think he would ever find out that I came to live here."

He smiled softly, his hand played with the side of my shirt. "That's good ... Hey is this one of my shirts?" He asked.

"Oh yeah — it's one of those that you gave me when I first got here"

"You know I didn't think you would actually wear those"

"Why not? They're really comfortable" I chuckled.

"I'm glad you like them" he said and leaned down so we were almost touching "they look good on you"

"I bet they do" I grinned and lifted one hand up to his neck, pulling him down to me and kissing him gently.

He grinned onto my lips and kissed me back. His hand moved down to my leg, rested on the back of my thigh.

After a couple of minutes he pulled back and kissed around my jawline for a few seconds before looking back up to me.

"Is this okay?" He asked and kissed my neck a couple times.

"I — yeah that's okay"