14.

Elliot's P.O.V

"Johnny, Ponyboy, anyone else who decides to walk to school with us!" I called out, grabbing my books from the coffee table.

I know Steve went to school too, but he normally took his car and we barley saw him.
Plus Ponyboy, Johnny, and I preferred to walk. And Two-Bit barley went.

Two-bit bounced up off the couch "I'm goin today".

"Wow, that's a surprise" I snickered

"I know right" he grinned.

Johnny and Ponyboy came out to us.

"Alright boys lets go" I said as we walked out the door.

The whole way to school Two-Bit was cracking jokes or making fun of something. He was crazy like that.

We got to school and the normal happened, we all went out separate ways, I walked to English, talked to Cole and made up an excuse as to why I wasn't in school Friday.

By time fifth period came around I just wanted to leave. I was zoning out of class like I normally did with Algebra when I listened in on a conversation I wish I hadn't.

"I guess he's hot and all but I've heard he's super dumb. Maybe that's why he dropped out" the girl snickered, causing the other ones to do the same.

I sat back in my seat, becoming amused at what I was hearing.

"He got the looks, but looks like he's got no brain" the girl said, causing the others to laugh.

"Maybe that's why Sandy left" she smirked.

That set off something in me. No one had the right to talk about SodaPop like that, no one had the right to talk about any of the gang like that. But I didn't even understand, everyone loved Soda even the Socs. What made these girls think differently.

"I mean no wonder they wanna put him and Ponyboy in a boys home. Their brother doesn't seem like a very good guardian."

"And what about that other Johnny kid they hang out with. He's so scared of everything"

No, no, no, no. That's when the bell rang. I knew I was gonna do something I might would regret but then I didn't care.

The girls walk out of class and into the hallway, I got up after them walking over to the girl that had been talking too much and grabbed her arm and spinning her to face me.

She scoffed "excuse you?"

"No, excuse you. You ever heard of a thing called shutting your trap?" I asked angrily. I could tell my eyes were doing that thing that they did when I was mad, they got real dark.

"Liv, that's Dallas Winston's sister" one whispered to her.

"Yeah Liv, I'm Dallas Winston's sister. If you knew what was good for you, you wouldn't talk so loudly around me" I smirked.

"Whatever, I'm not scared of you" she said in a high, prissy voice.

I grabbed her by the arms and shoved her against the lockers "you best be" I growled.

I felt a hand on my shoulder "Elliot come on" I turned to see Ponyboy, when he saw how dark my eyes were he backed up a bit.

I swallowed, I wasn't mad at pony I was mad at this girl "Ponyboy, just leave me be for the moment".

He backed away and Two-Bit and Johnny came running down the hall, but I hadn't paid attention to them.

"From now on, you best keep your trap shut" I spat