25.

Elliot's P.O.V

I rolled over onto my side, facing Evie "you think so?" I asked.

"I don't know Elliot, Steve and I were talkin and he was tellin me he had seen Sandy but didn't say much else about it" Evie shrugged.

Maybe that's why he was acting so funny yesterday, I wish he would've said something.

"I just wish he would talk to me" I sighed, sitting up from my bed.

"Maybe he really didn't care that much, maybe he doesn't wanna worry ya" she reasoned with me.

I nodded "maybe ... he doesn't worry me when he tells me those things though" I sighed "he worries me when he's upset and he doesn't tell me".

"Just give em some time. A lot of guys hold on their emotions, especially SodaPop" she said.

"Yeah, I guess"

"But hey, think about this when we get back okay? We're going out tonight remember" she smiled softly.

Evie and I had made plans to go to the Dingo together, just her and I.

"Alright, let's go. Maybe I'll ask him when we get back" I said and stood up from my bed.

We walked out the door and into the living room of the Curtis's house.

"Bye guys" I said as we made our way to the door. Tonight Soda and Steve were both working late that's why they weren't coming with us.

"Bye El" Two-Bit said, who was like the only person there since Johnny and Ponyboy went somewhere together.

We opened the door and walked out, closing the door behind us.

We decided to walk to the Dingo. We walked out the gate and closed it behind ya, beginning the walk to the drive-in.

We found ourselves at the Dingo in about 20 minutes. We slipped under the hole in the fence where Ponyboy has showed me when Soda, Him, and I got in the first time I came here.

We walked over to the snack counter first. We each picked up a coke and a popcorn and paid for it before walking to the seated area and sitting down.

"What's playin?" I asked as we found some seats.

"I don't know, I think a western or somethin" Evie shrugged and took a drink of her coke.

She looked past me and her eyes got kinda big but she quickly sat back.

"What is it?" I asked, lookin I'm the direction she looked.

She shook her head "nothin".

I raised an eyebrow and chuckled "it had to have been somethin, what was it?".

She sighed "don't freak out if I tell you".

I rolled my eyes and nodded "alright, alright I won't".

"Sandy's here"

I could feel my eyebrows furrow "I thought she moved to Florida with her grandparents" I said and looked back over at her to see her now looking at us.

I looked at her for a good second before turning back to Evie "how come y'all didn't stay friends after her and Soda broke up?" I asked her.

She shrugged and played with the straw in her coke "she moved to Florida and all, we never really were the best of friends anyways. We just hung out when the guys wanted to go somewhere together. You know I was real worried you were gonna be like her, Soda has the tendency to pick girls like her"