30.

Elliot's P.O.V

"Hey baby" Soda said as Steve and I walked up.

"Me or Steve?" I joked.

He sarcastically laughed "ha ha ha, very funny Cherry" he said and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me to him. He kissed me softly. My hands pressed against him chest.

"Hey bug out with all that" Steve fake gagged and walked over to one cars, getting ready to get to work.

Soda and I didn't pay him any mind. After a couple seconds I pulled away "get back to work" I said and shoved him off.

He held his hands up in surrender "alright, alright".

I walked into the DX and got to work like I normally would.

                                      ~*~

Work had finally ended. I cleaned up the register and turned off the lights then walked out. I locked the door behind me and threw the keys to Soda like I normally do.

Soda, Steve, and I began to walk back to the Curtis's house.

We reach it within 10 minutes.

"Hey, I think Cherry and I are gonna go down to the lot" Soda said, without my knowledge.

"Oh ... we are?" I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Yes we are, tell Darry and all we'll be back soon" Soda told Steve as he grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the house.

"Alright buddy" Steve responded and walked into the house.

"What's this for?" I wondered as we walked away to the house.

"Just cause I wanna spend time with you" he smiled softly.

"Okay ..." I sighed, I always wanna spend time with him, I just feel like somethings up.

We finally made it to the lot. Soda pulled me over to the playground part. We climbed up a set of monkey bars and sat at the top.

I looked up at the sky and smiled. Soda looked over at me, almost admiring.

"I'm so in love with you" he blurted out.

I looked over to him and bit my lip softly "awe Soda ..." I whispered. He pulled me to him.

"Real reason I wanted to come down here is because I have somethin for ya. I never had the chance to get you somethin for Christmas so..." he said and pulled out a small box from his jean pocket and handed it to me.

I took it into my hands, I almost didn't even wanna open it "Soda ... you didn't have to get me anything," I grimaced.

"I didn't have to ... I wanted to" he said, his arms still around me.

I bit my lip and opened the small box to see a small circle locket.

I smiled and carefully opened the locket to a picture of Soda and I at the drag race. He was holding me up and we were kissing.

"Curiosity Of Evie" he commented.

I looked up to him and I could tell my eyes were watery. Why was I crying so much lately. "Oh Soda, I love it" I smiled.

He carefully took the locket out of my hand. He took it out of the box and put it around my neck, clasping it on.

I held it softly in my hand and rubbed it "it's the best thing I've ever got" I said, turning my head to him. I kissed him softly.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, held in each other's arms.

Soda was so romantic and caring. I sometimes feel like I don't deserve him. No I always feel like I don't deserve him. He's so perfect.

"I love you" I breathed as we pulled apart.

"I love you too" he smiled softly "we should probably get back, they'll think we ran away together" he chuckled.

We climbed down the monkey bars carefully until we hit the ground and began our walk back home.

I couldn't stop playing with the locket. "Soda how much did this cost you?" I wondered, thinking about it now I felt bad.

"It doesn't matter" he shrugged.

"But Soda it does, I don't want it to be an issue" I said and began to unclasp it from around my neck.

Soda stopped me "it's no an issue Cherry, I bought that for you. You're keeping it".

I sighed "fine" I loved the necklace more than anything but I just don't want it to be an issue.

Soda took my hand in his and pulled me closer to him. "Really, it wasn't trouble at all. I set money aside for it".

I looked up at him and nodded "okay, okay" I gave up.

We finally made it back home and walked in to all the guys playing poker in the living room at the coffee table.

"Can we join?" Soda asked.

"Sorry Soda, We're half way into the game by now" Two-Bit answered.

"You can play the next round" Ponyboy spoke up. Soda walked over and sat on the ground above an empty spot on the couch. I walked over and sat down on the empty spot above him.

We watched while I softly played with Sodas hair, he had less grease in it than normal today.

"You two are so cute it makes me sick" Dallas commented.

"You're just jealous you couldn't keep a relationship with Lacey" Steve huffed.

"Hey watch it" Dallas snarled.

Steve flinched as he continued to play the card game.

I chuckled "maybe it's time you got a girlfriend, huh Dally?".

"Nah, these broads are only good for one thing" he snickered.

I punched him in the side "I'm one of those broads" I mimicked his choice of words. I'm definitely not a 'only sex matters' kinda girl. I hate that Dallas would say something like that.
"Go find a girlfriend, maybe you'll realize what your missing out on".

Dallas rolled his eyes and continued one with the game.

Later that night when everyone (but Steve who was on the couch) left and the people in the house were still asleep, my door quietly opened and closed back.

I didn't look back cause I knew who it would be. He laid in my bed, on top of the covers and pulled me to him.

He sighed softly, in a tired manner.

"You alright" I whispered groggily.

"Just tired" he whispered.

"Get under the blanket, you're gonna get cold" I replied.

"I'll be fine" he assured me.

I ripped the blanket out from under him, though it wasn't easy. I threw it over him. He was warm though I could tell he felt cold.

He didn't reject, he only nestled closer to me. He left a few soft kisses on my neck and soon he was sound asleep.

Times like this is when I think the most. About the past, the future, anything really.

Soda was always on my mind.

The guy never left my mind. Sometimes it made me scared. What if Soda wakes up and changes his mind, decides I'm not who he wants. I know it's stupid, but Soda has so many girls lined up to date him but he chose me.

The girl who didn't even know what love is. I was so lucky to have been able to come down here. I wouldn't change anything that's happened the past few months.