31.

Elliot's P.O.V

"Elliot. PST, Elliot" a far away voice whispered "Elliot!".

I was snapped out of my daze as I searched for who was calling my name to see Cole.
"Oh Cole, hey".

He chuckled "hey, I haven't talked to you in a while. I mean after everyone said you were dating SodaPop and all..." he trailed off.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry Cole. I should've said something to you" I said awkwardly.

"Hey don't worry about it, it's cool. I can tell he really cared about you" he nodded. I forgot when Soda got jealous about Cole asking me on another date.

"I just wanted to see how you're doin" he smiled softly.

"I'm good, and yeah Soda and I are there together" I rubbed the back of my neck.

"That's good..." Cole said.

I was so glad when the bell rang because this was getting really awkward. I waved him goodbye and walked out of my last period.

I walked to the front steps to see Johnny, Ponyboy, Steve, and Two-Bit ... and Dallas?

"Hey guys ... and Dallas" I said, raising an eyebrow as my eyes trailed up to Dallas who was standing against a car.

"Hey kid sister" Dallas responded "I came to pick you knuckle heads up".

I grinned "Hey kid brother, sounds good." I nodded as we piled into what I assumed was Bucks car.

"Hey Dallas" I said as I got into the front seat "we should do something today, you and i. Sister, brother bonding like old times" I suggested.

"Sorry kid, Buck and I got a party to go to" he said, dodging the fact that I want an evening with him.

I glared at him "you can't skip one party to spend time with your sister?".

He looked at me and did a double take "alright, alright. What did you have in mind?".

"I don't know ... actually I know a good place" I smiled.

"Okay, me and you tonight then" he nodded as he continued to look ahead at the road and pulled into the Curtis's driveway.

"I'm gonna change and then I'll be ready" I said as I hoisted myself up and out of the car without opening the door.

We all walked into the Curtis house where Soda sat on the couch.

"Hey Soda, what're ya doin home?" Ponyboy asked.

"Got off work early" he replied.

I walked to my room and set my books down before walking back out. I walked to Soda and kissed him softly after sitting next to him.

"Hey I was thinkin we could go do something tonight. You and I" he smiled.

"Soda I'd love to, but Dallas and I are gonna go do somethin. Made plans on the way back from school" I half smiled "how about tomorrow?".

He nodded "tomorrow it is" he said and lightly cupped my face, leaning in and giving me a soft kiss.

"I'm gonna go change" I said and got up from my spot on the couch. I walked back to my room, closing the the door behind me.

I changed into a new, clean, pair of jeans and a white MTV shirt.

After changing I walked back out of my room. "I'll see you later Soda" I said and waved to him as I walked out the door.

Dallas was still sitting The the car. I walked up to the drivers side "scoot over, I'm drivin" I grinned.

He raised an eyebrow at me "I don't trust your drivin".