40.

Elliot's P.O.V

"We're home" Soda yelled as he and Steve walked in the house.

"At the table" I yelled back, looking through paper work and shit that I got sent today.

Soda came in and kissed my forehead "you still lookin at that bullshit?".

I sighed and leaned back in my chair, "I have to get through this stuff someday" I shrugged.

"Hey, you mind if I sleep with you again tonight? Kinda helped me" he nodded as Steve walked in.

Steve looked over my shoulders at the papers "Hey don't you worry about that okay, we ain't lettin' them take you back there".

"Thanks Steve" I smiled softly and then said "yeah, that's fine" answering SodaPop.

Soda sat down at the table with a glass of water in his hand and Steve did the same.

I shuffled through the papers and set them down. "We've got bigger issues anyways" I shrugged.

I had Soda's jacket draped around me. His jacket always made me feel comfortable.

"How was y'all's day?" I smiled softly.

They both kinda shrugged.

I tried. "Hey where's Dall- never mind" I said, remembering he was going to see Johnny and Ponyboy today, but these two guys didn't know about that.

"Didn't he say he gonna go see Lacey today?" Steve asked.

I decided to play along "Yeah, that's why I stopped. I forgot he said he was gonna see her today" I couldn't let them know about him knowing where the boys were.

Soda took a hold of my hand and rubbed it softly. I looked up at him and smiled. It was getting late and I knew Darry would be home in a few minutes.

Just like that Darry walked through the door and set his work supplies down. He was hot and sweaty like normal. He walked straight to the shower. Which was what he normally did.

"Where's Two-Bit?" Steve wondered.

I shrugged "probably with his new blonde and her greasy brother". Two-Bit told us all about the new blonde he was seeing and her brother. About how he was so greasy. Not like he can talk.

I got up from the table and walked over to the radio, turning it onto a station that was playing Elvis.

I held my hand out to Soda. He looked at it and smiled, taking a hold of it.

I pulled him up off the chair and into me. He wrapped both his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. We danced slowly with each other.

I couldn't help but giggle. It was kinda weird dancing here in the living room. But I liked it, it was comfortable.

The song that happened to be on, Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis, was the first one we danced to.

He softly spun me around and then pulled me back to him. This was the first time I'd seen him smile all week.

As we danced the phone began to rang. I looked over to go get it but Darry was already walking to it. We waited to see what he said.

He has a worried look on his face "we'll be right there" he said and hung the phone up.

"Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas are at the hospital. We gotta go" he said, almost running out the door. Soda followed close behind him and I followed behind Soda. Steve stayed behind.

We all three quickly piled into the truck with Darry driving.

We didn't really talk on the way there. We were too busy being worried about the boys in the hospital. Darry practically floored the truck.