18.

Elliot's P.O.V

My third day of suspension was the same as the first. It was full of work. Well it was about to be.

I walked out of my room, dressed in jeans and the button up and converse like always.

I walked into the kitchen area behind Pony, who was cooking breakfast. I grabbed an apple and took a bite of it.

"Since when do you wake up first?" I teased him  after swallowing the bite I took of the apple.

"I don't know" he shrugged "I just woke up pretty early" he laughed a bit "you know how to cook?"

I thought for a moment "yeah I can cook, I barley have time and all but I had to cook for myself all the time before I came here"

Normally Pony and I were the last ones up but this time we were the first so I had a little time.

"Do you think you could teach me some things sometime?" He asked

"Yeah Ponyboy, Of course" I said and took another bite of the apple.

Soda came out of Pony and his room and walked over to us. "Wow, you two are up early"

"I know right" I said and leaned against the counter.

"I'm gonna go get a shower, I shouldn't be to long after Cherry" he said as he turned around and walked to the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Two-Bit and Steve walked through the door, talking loudly as always. Steve walked over to the icebox and pulled out the chocolate cake like he normally did.

I took another bite of the apple and walked into the living room and sat on the couch next to Two-Bit.

"Where's my brother?" I asked him.

"No one told you? ... Dal got hauled into the cooler" he answered.

"What? And no one told me? What for?" I said and quickly stood up.

"Shit Elliot I'm sorry, I thought you would've been told. Him and a few other got taken in for a fight, they both pulled blades and the Cops pulled up right on time"

Right then Soda came out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel.

"Hey SodaPop, do you think I could skip the first few hours today? Dallas is in the cooler" I sighed.

"Yeah, that's fine ... want me to go with you?" He offered.

"Oh no Soda, that's fine you guys can't afford that" I shook my head and walked over to the couch where I left the jacket Soda gave me and picked it up, slipping it on.

"I'll go with ya" Two-Bit offered

"Okay, that works" I nodded.

Soda walked over to me before going to his room and changing. He pulled me into a small kiss and then leaned into my ear so the others couldn't hear.

"Don't forget about your neck" he reminded me and then pulled away "I'll see you at work later" he nodded and walked back to his room.

Good thing he reminded me, I already forgot. I'm just glad no one noticed.

"Ready Two-Bit?" I asked and walked over to the door.