12.

Elliot's P.O.V

I looked over to the clock on the dresser to see it was 7, which gave me about and hour to get ready.

I walked out of my room and quickly over to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth. I walked back to my room and closed the door quickly behind me.

I walked to my dresser thinking about what I should wear. A dress maybe? Or maybe something casual? Maybe a little dressy?

I had no idea.

I walked out to Steve and Soda who were sitting on the couch.

"Hey Steve, Evie's comin over right?" I asked

"Yeah, why?"

"What's her landline number?"

Steve wrote down her number on a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Thank youuu" I said and walked back into my room.

I picked up the phone on the dresser and typed in the number he gave me.

"Hello?" Evie's answered.

"Hey Evie! It's Elliot"

"Hey Elliot! I was just about to get on my way to ya'lls house"

"I need a small favor if you can ... I'm not sure what I'm suppose to wear to these things"

"Hhmmm I'll bring some things over with me"

"Thank you Evie, you're a life saver"

"Of course" she giggled lightly as we both hung up.

Was this a date? Or was it just us hanging out?

Geez stop overthinking it Elliot.

I sat down on the edge of my bed and let myself breath. Tonight was gonna be a good time, I was sure of it. I got to be with SodaPop and Evie and Steve. They were some of my favorite people her in Tulsa.

I'm just a few minutes I heard Evie's voice in the living room. I opened my door to see her making her way down the hallway. She walked in and laid some shirts and a pair of pants on my bed.

"Skinny jeans?" I asked, I'd never in my life wore skinny jeans.

"You'll look great" she smiled "now try some things on"

~*~

After an hour of getting ready with Evie's help. I still looked the same but with a little mascara, a bit of bronze eye shadow, and a new outfit. I insisted on wearing my converse to keep in touch with myself. And I made sure I didn't have too much makeup on, I was never one for a lot of makeup.

Evie looked me up and down "someone's not gonna be able to keep their hands to themselves" She giggled.

I chuckled "Thank you for helpin me out, I'm new to this stuff"

"Of course doll" she smiled "now let's get you out there, the boys are probably waitin"

She opened the door of my room, letting me walk out with her behind me.

We walked out of the hallway together, talking about whatever we had to talk about and ending the conversation once we entered the living room where four boys sat on the couch.

"You Boys Ready?" Evie asked.

Steve and Soda turned around at the same time.

I looked over to Soda who was laughing about whatever Steve had said and when he looked over at me his face went from laughing to complete awe.