11.

Elliot's P.O.V

I woke up pretty easily the next morning, in time for school but I really didn't feel like going.

I pushed the blankets off of me and sat up, looking over to the window that had sunlight pouring through the cracks of the curtain.

I pushed myself to the side of my bed and the floor was cold as always.

I pushed myself off the bed and looked over to the dresser to see the muddy jacket on top of it. I smiled to myself, remembering last night.

Ugh if Dallas found out i don't know how he would react. Soda was a real good friend of his so I don't think he would mind too much since he knows him.

I realized how I probably looked just standing there thinking so I decided to go over to my dresser and pick out some some spandex and a white t-shirt.

All of my wardrobe consisted of plain t-shirts, jeans, a few pairs of shorts, and a couple jackets. I personally didn't need much clothes. Which was a good thing because we never had the money to get much clothes.

I picked up my hair brush and brushed through my still damp hair from the shower I took last night. Don't worry, it was strictly by myself.

My hair was really thick and wavy so it was such a hassle for it to dry.

I set down my hair brush on the dresser and picked up Soda's jacket and a few other pieces of clothes.

I opened the door without dropping the clothes and walked out, dropping the clothes in the 'laundry room'. I walked out to where everyone was.

"Hey Pony, Darry, and Soda I'm doin some loads of dirty clothes if you got some that need washing I'll put em in for ya" I said and walked over to the kitchen.

"So you not goin today?" Pony asked.

"Nah, I don't really feel like dealing with all that school stuff" I said, hoisting myself up onto counter across from Steve and Soda.

"Alright, you still up for the movies tonight" Ponyboy asked

"Yeah,  I'll still go with ya Pony you don't gotta worry about that" I answered.

I reached back and took a banana from the fruit bowl that stayed on the counter. I unpeeled the top part easily, taking a bite of it.

"Pony, Johnny guess who's walkin you two to school" Two-Bit grinned.

"How longs it been since you been to school?" Johnny asked.

"Not long enough" Two-Bit laughed

I laughed "typical Two-Bit"

Soda turned around, leaning against the counter and one arm leaning against my leg.

I took another bit of the banana and chewed and swallowed it.

"Pony, before you go make sure you got all your dirty clothes out if you want me to wash em" I said, taking another bite.

"Yes ma'am" he mocked me.

I swallowed the bite I took and laughed "I'm tryna help around here Pony, I'm living her just as much as you and Soda are".

Pony got up and walked to his room, collecting some of his clothes.

I turned to Soda and Steve "working today?" I asked softly.

Soda looked up at me and smiled "yeah, but I've got tomorrow off".