5.

Elliot's P.O.V

"Ponyboy, Johnny! Let's go, we don't wanna be late" I yelled, picking up all my books and walking to the front door, Pony and Johnny walking out behind me.

"See ya later Cherry!" Soda called out before I walked out the door.

"See ya Cola" I called back, chuckling at the new nickname I gave to him.

We walked out and began our walk to school, which wasn't that far from us.

Soda has offered me a job at the DX working at the register and I told him I would think about it. I think I'm gonna take it though, I wanna be able to help out a bit since I'm living with them.

I was soon snapped out of my thinking as we arrived at the school.

"Alright, I'll see you hobos late" I grinned at the two boys as we made it to the door.

Pony and Johnny laughed. "See ya later" the both said as we parted ways.

My first period was English, which was my favorite. I always had a thing for writing.

I quickly sat down in my seat just as the bell rang. The teacher began a new lecture and as always I would sit there and listen. Occasionally daydreaming about who knows what.

Halfway through class the teacher put everyone in pairs.

I looked around class to see who I would be paired with when the teacher pointed to me and some other guy that I hadn't seen before.

I got up and walked over to him, sitting across from him. "Hey" I smiled lightly.

"Hey" he said and smiled back.

He was definitely a greaser.

"I'm cole by the way" he said and leaned forward with his hand stuck out for me to shake my hand.

I shook his hand lightly "Elliot. Elliot Winston" I replied.

"Oh, a Winston" he grinned.

"Of course, you've heard of my brother Dallas" I shook my head "I guess he's pretty famous around here"

He laughed a bit "after being in and out of the cooler. I guess so" he replied, leaning back in his chair.

"Do you remember what we're suppose to do?" I asked him.

He thought for a moment "I wasn't paying attention" he shook his head.

I know I'm not great at school, but I'm actually trying this time around. I like Tulsa, I like the gang and I don't wanna screw it up this time.

I shrugged it off this time since this was one of the first times since I've been here.

The rest of the period Cole and I just talked. I found out he's been here his whole life like most of the people here. And that he plays football.