6.

Elliot's P.O.V

"Two schools? Tell me you don't plan on getting kicked out of this one too" Cole laughed.

I shook my head and laughed lightly "no, no I'm actually trying to stay on good terms here" I said, swirling my straw around in my half drunk milkshake. "I like it here in Tulsa. Dallas and I are becomin close again, I got a whole new set of brothers" I laughed at the last part.

"It really seems like those guys care about you" He said.

I brought the straw up to my lips "Yeah, I guess they do" I said and took a drink of it. "They're a wild bunch".

"How long have you been here in Tulsa?" Cole asked.

"About two and a half weeks" I replied.

"That's why I didn't notice you"

I chuckled a bit. "So is this all that people do on dates?"

He raised an eyebrow "you've never been on a date before?"

"Winston's don't exactly do the whole dating thing and I was thinking about how I haven't yesterday ... you asked at the perfect time"

"Glad I did before someone else snatched you up"

I looked up at him and laughed "gosh, that's probably the cheesiest thing I've ever heard"

He grinned "at least I made you smile"

A waitress came by and laid down the check. He pulled out a wallet and some money, giving the money to the woman.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded and slid out of my side of the booth and walked out the door behind him.

"Tonight was nice" I smiled as we got to his car and got in.

"Elliot, the nights not over yet"

"It's not?"

"Nope" he said popping the P "I wanna show you something"

"Okay?" I said confused.

"You'll like it, I promise"

*~*

After maybe 30 minutes of driving, Cole finally stopped at the edge of the woods not too far from town.

"What's this?" I asked, looking over at him.

He stopped the car and looked to me "You'll See, come on" he said excitedly.

I chuckled at how excited he was and got out of the car, closing the door back. He began to walk into the trees and looked back to see if I was following.

I grinned, this was my kinda scene. I began to walk behind him while he lead the way to where he was taking me.

We reached a small clearing in the trees where there was a cliff that you could easily slip off if you weren't paying attention.

"Ah, you're one of those greasers?" I asked "hard to find ones that even take the time to look at this kinda stuff"

He shrugged "I have a lot of free time I guess" he stayed quiet for a moment "if I'm honest with you ... I'm more of a Soc. But I don't really like that scene"

I looked over at him suspiciously "listen buddy, if this is some kinda plan ... I know how you Socs are" I said and backed away a bit.

"No, no I - I didn't ask you because of that, I genuinely wanted to take you on a date" he said

"Why don't you like that scene?" I asked, keeping my distance. I walked over the cliff and sat on the edge of it. "Besides then being assholes"

He walked over and sat next to me "that's exactly why, plus I'm not into sweaters" he winked.

I don't know why but what Pony has told me earlier came to my mind. How he said Soda wouldn't take me goin on a date too well. I wonder if he meant that. He couldn't have, Sodas gettin over Sandy right now.

I looked over the cliff "it's beautiful over here, I absolutely love the night sky" I said and pulled out a box of cigarettes, offering him one.

He took one after I did and I lit them both for us. Lucky me had remembered it this time.

I took a long drag of mine as did he.

"I gotta be honest ... you probably shouldn't tell those other guys that you're a Soc. I don't think they would take too kindly, me going on dates with a Soc" I said, looking down.

He nodded "that's understandable" he paused "does that mean I get to take you on another date?".

I smirked "if you're lucky" I said while putting out my cigarette and getting up.

He followed behind me until we made it to his car and we both got in.

He drove me back home and pulled on the side of the road next to the house. I got out the door and looked at him through the window.

"Thank you for tonight" I said and smiled lightly.

"Of course, I hope you had a good time. I'll see you at school?"

I nodded and walked up to the front door, before walking in I waved him goodbye and he drove off.

When I walked in, Soda and Steve were on the couch. Like always. Steve normally slept on the couch even though he had a house. Pony was probably in his room and Darry probably was in his room.

"Hey guys" I said quietly

Steve was the only one who looked up at me "Hey Ell" he said before looking back down, it looked like they had been playing cards.

I walked to my room and locked the door behind me just in case. I slipped out of my jacket and dress and put one of Sodas old shirt, which was really long on me and went to about the end of my thighs.

Soda had given me a few of his shirts since I didn't really have clothes to sleep in.

I unlocked the door and walked back out into the living room. I sat down on the floor next to Soda's legs like I normally did.

"You okay Cola?" I asked, lookin up at him.

He nodded "I'm fine, just tired is all" he smiled sadly.

"Okay ..." I said even though I didn't believe him.

"How far in the game are y'all?"

"Almost done" Steve answered

"Mind if I join next round?" I asked.

"Actually I think I'm gonna head to bed" Soda replied

"Oh okay" I said looking up at him again "are you sure you're okay?".

He nodded and got up, walking to his room.

I looked to Steve who was putting up the cards. "Is he okay?" I asked worriedly.

"I don't know he's been like that since ya left. Honestly Elliot I think he has a thing for ya. He's just all shook up cause of Sandy that he doesn't know what to do" Steve threw the deck of cards into the table "you know the only reason we stayed up was cause he wanted to wait til you got in"

"Wait, really? Should I say somethin?"

"I think you outta let him do it himself. Give him time to think."

"Thanks Steve" I said, standing up to go to my room.

"Night Ell" Steve said quietly

"Night Steve" I said back before I slipped into my bedroom.

I quietly closed the door behind me and turned off the light, climbing into the bed.

I looked up at the ceiling and soon fell asleep.