Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Napatitig sa akin si Sage. I couldn't tear my gaze away from him. My heart keeps on pounding wildly inside of my chest.

"I'm the father?" he echoed.

"Yes, you are—"

Before I could even finish my sentence, Sage pulled me closer and covered my lips with his. I gasped at the sudden action. He buried his fingers on my hair and tilted his head, trying to deepen the kiss. My body melted in his touch. His masculine stance and manly scent. I sighed inwardly.

"You're not kidding me, right?" Sage asked when we pulled away.

Tumango-tango ako.

"Good." He kissed me again. This time, deeper. Gumapang ang kaniyang kamay sa aking likod at hinila ako palapit sa kaniya. "Kasi wala nang bawian . . ."

Abot-abot ang tahip ng puso ko. 'Twas like Sage is holding and kissing me for the first time. Hindi ko mapigilang hindi mapangiti.

"Mal . . ." he traced my cheeks and leaned down to kiss me again. "God, I could never get enough of you. You made me so happy . . ."

Kinagat ko ang aking pang-ibabang labi nang bigla kong maalala kay Leon. Sage noticed my sudden discomfort.

"What's wrong?"

I swallowed. "It's Leon."

His face went into a grim as he stared at me. "Why?"

"He just found out that I'm carrying . . . your child. And now he's gone. He hasn't come back since last night."

Tahimik lang si Sage na nakatingin sa akin.

"Sage," hinarap ko siya at hinawakan ang kaniyang dalawang kamay. "You know I could never be happy knowing that Leon is hurting right now, right?"

"What do you mean—"

"I have to talk to him. I have to end things properly. Hindi puwedeng hindi kami muling magka-usap ni Leon. He's . . . He's so precious to me. He was there when I was at my lowest—"

"Okay, okay. I know and I'm getting jealous." Sage cut me off. When he saw the shocked expression on my face, a ghost of smile appeared on his lips. "I understand that you have to talk to him first before I could marry you, is that right?"

Pinunasan ko ang aking mga luha at humalakhak nang mahina. "You really are crazy."

"So, where do we find Leon?" nagpalinga-linga siya sa paligid. "I'm sure he'd like to punch me right now."

"Sage," mahina kong sambit. "I have to talk to him. Alone."

Matagal akong tinitigan ni Sage before he nodded his head. "Fine, fine. I'll time the two of you. Hanggang 15 minutes lang, okay?"

"Are you kidding me right now?"

Sage chuckled. "I'm sorry, I'm just so happy that I couldn't be mad at Leon for stealing you from me for four damn years. Take as much time as you need. I know I'm going to have a word with him as well. But that's after you two sort it out. I promise to stay out of your way."

"But we have to find it first."

"I'll find him. Go back to your house and rest. You don't seem like you're getting enough sleep, Mallory. You're making me worry about the baby . . . our baby."

I swallowed.

Hinila muli ako ni Sage at niyakap. "Don't worry. If I ever find him, I'll let him punch me twice before I punch back. I know I deserve it."