I never thought that my step-mother would actually want to have a relationship with me. I was just hoping that my dad would get back to his old self.

I bashfully say, "I don't want to disturb my dad's happiness. With me around, my dad will constantly be reminded of my mom and that will make him sad. He finally seems to be like his old self and I don't want to ruin it."

My step-mother tentatively asks, "Baby, is that why you didn't come back for the wedding? You were afraid that you would ruin your dad's chance at happiness again."

I softly mumble, "Yes, but I also was still really hurt. My dad abandoned me when I needed him the most. I not only lost my mom but also lost my dad at the same time. What makes it even harder is that my dad was still here physically, but his heart and sole had left with my mom. There wasn't anything for me. Do you know how that hurt me?"

My step-mother shakes her head. "I'm sorry baby. I'm sure it did. However, if you can open your heart back up to your dad, you will see that he is trying really hard to make things up to you. You can see that can't you?"

I nod my head. "Yes. It means a lot to me that he is supporting my relationship with P'Pha and helping to resolve this terrible situation with P'Pha's father and the crazy P'Pring. I don't know what I would have done if P'Pha and I didn't have both of you helping us."

My step-mother smiles tenderly at me as she says, "I can see that you both have made a lot of progress and you both have a way to go before everything is back to the way it used to be, well it won't ever be completely back to the way it used to be. I'm going to tell you a little secret. I'm not jealous of your mom nor will I ever hate her. She did nothing wrong and I would never want to change our past. Well, I wish I would have divorced my first husband sooner instead of hoping that we could fix our marriage, but without those experiences, I wouldn't have my precious Beamie and your dad wouldn't have his cute baby Wayo. I know that your dad is trying really hard to make sure that I don't feel like a replacement because that is how my Beamie seems to feel this is, but it isn't. I love your dad with all my heart and he loves me. I know he will always have a portion of his heart still taken by your mom, but I have the rest of it."

I never thought about it that way.

My step-mother gently pulls me into a hug and I instantly can feel her love for me. It is almost like having my mom right there with me.

As I slowly hug her back, I mumble into her shoulder, "Thanks, ma."

I glance back over to the garden and I can imagine my mom standing there with her warm smile and telling me that everything is going to be all right.

When I finally get to my room, the day's activities finally catch up to me and I feel exhausted. Well, I think that horrible car ride back to the mansion is what really has me exhausted but I head straight to my bathroom to take a bath.

***

Mr. Panitchayasawad POV

I look around and see that my wife and Wayo have disappeared. I'm sure that Wayo probably isn't feeling very well. He was clearly traumatized by that car ride home this afternoon. I wish he didn't have to go through with that but Forth did exactly what I wanted him to do and that was to get everyone back to the mansion safely and without that silly witch following them.

As the boys are laughing and having fun, I pull my phone out of my pocket and I stand up and walk off so the boys can't hear me.

I dial Ming's father, Mr. Dechapayna.

Ring...ring...ring...

Max instantly states, "Before you ask, yes, we found out who the car belongs to and we know where they live. We are currently trying to get confirmation that N'Pring is also at the house before we catch her."

Ah, right to the point. He remembers that I don't like to beat around the bush when something is important, and this is important.

I glance back at the boys. "Max, is your doctor friend going to work with us? Or do we need to find someone else?"

"Even though he isn't supposed to say anything, he did confirm that he is taking the case and he is also calling in another doctor who has already reviewed the case and agrees that N'Pring needs help."

I instantly snort, "You think! That crazy nong witch has a freaking wedding and honeymoon planned. Don't get me started on the house and the baby clothes. She is clearly crazy. I just need to get this resolved before my boy gets too scared. You should have seen him tonight. N'Forth did a good job at keeping away from the crazy witch but in the process, he scared my boy half to death. He couldn't even stand when he got out of the car. He took one step and fell instantly to the ground."

"Let me guess, my son thought it was fun."

"Yes, he did." I hiss back.

Max chuckles. "That sounds just like my son. Ming has always enjoyed roller coaster rides and anything that goes fast."

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. I softly say, "I need this to end. I can't see my boy like this again. I need to have her captured and, in a facility, where she can't get out by the end of this weekend. We have two days to get this done and I've told the boys that they can't leave the mansion for anything. By the way, N'Ming's boyfriend is adorable. Not as adorable as my son but he is still adorable."

"What! Ming has a boyfriend! He hasn't told me about it yet. All he talks about is a new friend, Kit, but I haven't heard anything about a new relationship."

I can't resist teasing him. "Guess what? The new friend, N'Kit, is the boyfriend. If you want to meet him, you should come over to the mansion this weekend. It has been a long time since you stopped by. I'm aure Bella would love to have you and your wife over for a meal. Maybe on Sunday. Hopefully by then we will have captured the crazy nong and we can celebrate."

"That sounds good. I also want to get this thing done and over with. I hate the fact that my son is confined to your mansion for the weekend because of this crazy person."

I couldn't help but to chuckle. "I don't think N'Ming minds. He gets to stay with his boyfriend and his friends here for the weekend. Oh, did I forget to mention that N'Ming and N'Kit are sharing a room."

Max suddenly shouts, "What! You are letting them stare a bedroom!!"

Well, that was my first reaction when I thought about my son sharing a room with Pha but I quickly realized that it doesn't matter if I put them in separate rooms because if they want to be with each other, they will end up in the same room anyways. So, I decided not to fight it.

I playfully ask, "Did you not have your men spy on N'Ming while he was at the beach resort for the moon and star competition?"

"No, why?"

Ah, he doesn't know. "Well, if you did, you would have found out that N'Ming and N'Kit shared a room that night and based on what N'Beam has told his mother, something happened that night. I don't know what, but something clearly happened and that is the same weekend that N'Ming agreed to be N'Kit's boyfriend. So, I'll let you put the pieces together. Plus, your boy isn't innocent. You do realize that N'Ming is known as a player."

Max sighs. "Yes, I know about my son's reputation. I guess you are right. I'll try to calm down but I'm not telling his mother that you let them sleep in the same room, so you better make sure that both you and N'Bella don't say a word about it either."

"Okay. Then I'll see the two of you on Sunday. I'll let everyone know. I better go. Thanks for your help. Bye."

"Bye."

I can't help but to smile as I feel like my life is getting back to how it used to be and hopefully by Sunday we will have one less problem to worry about.

Original posted September 21, 2018 but re-loaded on September 20, 2018