Fifty-Seven

Olivia's POV

"Did you have fun today?" I asked Elliot. We both finally made it to bed, but most of Elliot's kids were outside by the dying fire and we could still hear their laughter.

"A lot of fun." He smiled. He leaned over and kissed me softly before drawing me into his arms. I laid my head against his chest as I heard Maureen yell something outside and then there was more laughter from her brothers who must be torturing her and her sisters.

"We should've sent them to bed, because we may never get sleep." I sighed, and Elliot chuckled.

"They are going to be up for a while, and then we will get stuck taking care of their kids that are all sleeping in our house now."

"Well, all but Eli's kids." I frowned.

"What was happening between him and Cat today?" Elliot asked, and I shrugged as I sat up and leaned against the bedframe.

"I have no idea. I just know that they are fighting like crazy. Catie took on the twins and their kids, plus Molly and the boys. I don't know if Eli told her they had to let Liz and Dickie stay there or what."

"See, I know they love each other a lot, but Eli and Catie fight way too much." Elliot frowned and I nodded in agreement.

"The Stabler Benson feud may be living in their marriage without their knowledge."

Elliot and I just sat back and thought for several long moments. It doesn't matter that Elliot and I made up and are together. It doesn't matter that Eli and Catie fell in love even before they knew that there was a big issue with their parents. It doesn't even matter that they aren't the original Bensons and Stablers that caused the fight that left most of those involved heartbroken.

They are fighting like Elliot and I had because we still loved each other even if it wasn't good for us, and I don't know if I can see their marriage being completely good because of what happened in the past.

"I hope they make up before Claire is born. Molly and Claire do not need to deal with this all while being so small." Elliot sighed before he pulled me down with him. He held me close and kissed my temple gently before closing his eyes and falling into a deep sleep.

///

Elliot's POV

When I woke up the next morning, long before Olivia did, I went downstairs and found my youngest son sleeping on the couch. I walked towards the front of the house and saw that Lizzie and Dickie's vehicles were gone, but Eli never managed to make it home last night.

"Kid. Wake up." I spoke, as I shook him a bit. It took a few tries, but eventually, he woke up and looked at me.

"What are you doing in my bedroom?" He yawned, before looking around and realizing that he was sleeping in my living room.

"Why am I still here?" He yawned.

"Because you never managed to go home last night. Your wife went home a little after 8, but you stayed and were outside by the fire for hours."

"Oh." He sighed, before sitting up. He wrapped the blanket around his body some more, before leaning back against the back of the couch and yawning loudly.

"So, you and Catie are fighting, huh?" I asked, and he groaned before shaking his head.

"We aren't fighting." He replied.

"Eli, don't lie."

"I'm not lying, Dad! She's just overly sensitive lately." My son spat, before standing and going to the front door. 

"Kid, calling your wife overly sensitive isn't the best way to deal with this all. I thought that you were only having Lizzie stay with you?"

"Yeah, well I wanted Dickwad to stay with us also. What's the big deal?" He spat again. He was getting even more pissed off with every word I said, but I wanted to find out if he and Catie were still happy together because what we can see from the outside the answer would be a big fat no.

"What's happening between you two? You both just seemed so happy and completely in love, but now it just seems like you both could do without each other."

"I love my wife, Dad." Eli huffed, but I could see how hesitant he was.

"But are you two happy together?" I mused, and Eli swallowed hard before pulling his boots on.

"Back off, alright? My marriage is mine, and I don't need you getting involved."

///

Catie's POV

I know that Eli didn't want to have to yell at me the way he did, but he did it because I started this all from the start. Kathy and I got in a fight nearly a year ago, and it only came up again more recently after we went to visit her. And if my mother couldn't make it better by going up there and trying to take it all for me, than I'd have to try and make up with Eli's mother so maybe he wouldn't be so angry at me. His siblings still seem to like me and haven't said anything bad that Molly could hear, so I guess it was Kathy that we were fighting about all along.

"Catherine." Kathy sighed, as she answered my call. I was making breakfast for everyone before they got up, so right now would be a perfect time to talk to her.

"Hey, Kathy. Uh, can we talk real quick?" I asked.

"About what?" She huffed. 

"I'm sorry about everything that I did and said. And I'm sorry for how Eli responded to my leaving Manhattan. He shouldn't have talked to you that way, but he did because of me. If you want to, all of your kids and grandkids are down here for a few days to spend time together. I'd like it, and they all would too if you came down and spent some time altogether. Molly would like to see you." I breathed slowly.

Her side of the call was silent for quite some time, but I just let her gather her thoughts how she needed to and would wait till she responded.

"I'll be leaving at noon. I forgive you, for the most part." She spoke before hanging up. I smiled a bit as I sat the phone down as the front door opened. 

"Hey." Eli breathed, as he walked into the kitchen. I turned to look at him and smiled softly.

"Hey, Eli. Did you end up having fun?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"I guess. Is there any coffee?"

"Yup. All of the cups are in the dishwasher, but they are clean." I replied. Eli nodded as he walked passed me and opened up the dishwasher.

"So, I called my Dad when I got home last night. His cast is coming off and he can take the boys back. I'm dropping them off in a few hours." I spoke, and he nodded slowly.

I thought he'd be happy about not having my brothers here anymore because he did call them stupid but he didn't seem happy.

"Did something happen after I left?" I questioned, as I started to get plates out for breakfast.

"My Dad noticed that we were fighting and asked if we were happy anymore." He spoke, before walking out the back door and leaving me in the kitchen with my mouth wide open.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D