Eighteen

Olivia's POV

"A baby?" I questioned, as I looked at my daughter and her husband. Now I knew why she was so pale and looked exhausted.

"Yeah. We are having a baby in a little over 28 weeks." Eli smiled, as he wrapped his arms around Catie, and we all couldn't help but smile.

A baby was going to be an amazing way to unite our families together forever, and I couldn't wait to witness my daughter be a mother, because she has always been great with kids.

"So, I take it that you are all excited?" Catie asked, her voice quiet, but a small smile lingered on her lips.

"We are!" My husband exclaimed, and I don't think I've seen him this excited in awhile. I laughed as he walked up and shook Eli's hand, before hugging our daughter.

"I can't wait to be a grandmother." I smiled, as I took over hugging my daughter.

"I just can't wait to not be pregnant. It's taking a lot out of me." She yawned, and I smiled.

"Don't worry, it'll be all worth it."

Everyone went and congratulated the young couple, before everything started to fall into place for the small family get together that they planned.

It was nice to see my daughter happy, especially since everything that had happened, happened and she felt guilty for digging up all the issues in my past.

///

Eli's POV

"Well, they are all happy." I smiled, as I handed my wife a bottle of water, and she opened it and drank from it, before responding.

"I'm glad that they took it well. I was nervous, because I'm already in love with our child, and I don't want them to not love her." She sighed, and I smiled again as I placed my hand over her flat stomach.

"It's a boy, my love." I breathed, and she shrugged.

"Yeah, if you insist." She grinned, before moving in and hugging me. She laid her head against my chest, as I gently rubbed her back, and I knew if I didn't stop soon, she'd fall asleep.

"When we head out to watch the fireworks, why don't you just stay here. Maybe someone else will be tired, and want to stay back with you." I spoke, and she shook her head, as a noisy yawn left her mouth.

"No, I want to go with you all. I don't want to miss out on time with our families." She spoke, and I shook my head.

"Nope, husband's orders. You will stay back and rest, because we do not need you to get over tired, and to get sick. We just need you and the baby to stay well rested and healthy." I replied, and she huffed, before walking away and grabbing a plate to start eating.

She was pouting, but she would thank me once she wakes up in the morning, and she wasn't feeling like a zombie.

I looked over at my father, who was standing and talking with Catie's mother, and making her laugh. I was surprised that Catie's father wasn't over there about to pound the shit out of my father, but instead he walked over and shook my father's hand.

I grabbed a beer and walked towards them, and smiled.

"Here, Dad."

"Hey, thanks kid. How's that wife of yours?" He questioned, and I smiled.

"She's tired and emotional. She's also angry at me."

"What the hell did you do?" Olivia laughed, as she calmed slightly. Whatever my father said must've been really funny.

"I just told her she wasn't going to the fireworks tonight. She's tired, and I don't want her to get overly tired and get sick. So I think I'm gonna drop out too, and hang out here." I spoke, but then someone cleared their throat behind me.

"I'll stay here with her, Eli. Then I can bond more with that amazing wife of yours." My mother smiled, and she moved over to my side, and I draped my arm over her shoulders.

"You really don't have to, Mom. I can still stay here with her. Then I can catch up on dishes, since we made a lot of dirty dishes from tonight." I replied, but she shook her head.

"I can do this, Eli. Now, just go enjoy having your family in town. I can take care of her. It's not like it will be that hard." My mother laughed, and I sighed.

"Okay. I guess you can stay here. Just don't let her clean the house or something. She needs to relax."

///

Catie's POV

By the time our families left to watch the fireworks, I was exhausted, and was pretty much dead on my feet. I tried to help my mother in law with dishes, but I couldn't, because I couldn't stop yawning.

So I went and laid on the lounge chairs, and I watched as the fireworks went off in the distance. After awhile, Kathy came out and sat next to me.

"Those are beautiful." She smiled.

"I know, I wish I would've been up to going." I breathed.

"There will always been next year, and then you can bring your baby with you." She smiled, and I nodded slowly.

"Does being pregnant ever get easier? Cause my morning sickness has kinda went away, but I'm still exhausted, and Eli is walking on egg shells because even the most random things he says tends to bother me." I sighed.

"See, Elliot had to deal with me when I was having the issues as you. It doesn't last too long, and Eli is such a sweetheart, that he is going to do everything in his power to not make you upset, or to hurt you." She smiled, and I nodded slowly, before closing my eyes and smiling.

///

David's POV

It was sad that Catie wasn't feeling up to join us tonight, but at least I got to spend sometime with my wife and the twins.

I sat on the blanket we brought, and Liv laid with her head on my lap as we watched the fireworks go off. The twins were sitting by the water, and I could tell that they were happier now that Liv and I were giving this all a shot.

Liv sat up quickly, and pulled her phone out and sighed.

"Hey, Kathy. Is everything okay?" She asked, before scrambling up and over to Eli.

"Eli, we gotta head to the hospital." Olivia spoke, panicked.

"What's happening?" Elliot and I said in unison.

"Catie's bleeding and cramping. Kathy is taking her to the hospital."

So much for the all clear!

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D