Forty-Nine

Olivia's POV

It was around 6 in the morning when there was a loud knock on the front door of the house. Elliot rolled out of bed and yawned as he left to see who was here. I sat up and sighed, as I was praying no one was hurt or dead.

"Liv, you have a visitor." Elliot spoke, as he walked into our room. I looked at him with confusion, before climbing out of bed and grabbing my robe.

I tied it around my waist as I walked down the stairs. As I finally made it to the bottom stairs, I saw Catie sitting on the couch, crying so hard that her body was visibly shaking.

"Catie? What happened?" I spoke, as I quickened my pace to get to her quicker.

"Kathy hates me so much. I left at two this morning cause I couldn't stand it any longer. She kept saying nasty things to me, she kept glaring at me. She was even shit talking me to Maureen. She says I'm going to cheat on Eli." She cried, as she stood and hugged me tightly.

I held her close as she continued to cry.

"Sweetie, just ignore her. She is just bitter because once again Elliot and I are together." I spoke, and she nodded against my shoulder.

"She said I have a big mouth like you..." She trailed off, and I started to laugh as I rubbed her back gently.

"Well, it's a Benson thing." I smiled, as I placed a soft kiss to her hair.

"Can I stay here until Eli gets back? I like my house, but I feel better if I'm near people since it was around this time that I almost lost Molly." She whispered, and I nodded as I placed my cheek to the top of her head.

"Of course. Come on, you must be exhausted." I breathed, and she nodded.

"I didn't sleep at all on the train ride."

///

I made sure Catie was asleep before I left her in the room Elliot and I wanted to make into a play room for Molly, whatever the new baby is going to be, and all of Elliot's grandchildren to use.

She fell asleep quickly on the couch we had in there, and when I left the room, Elliot was standing in the doorway of our room.

"So, what happened?" He asked, and I sighed.

"Your ex is really being a bitch to her."

"Then why is she the only one here? Wouldn't you think Eli would've came back with her? Why didn't she bring Molly?" Elliot asked, and I frowned as I grabbed his hand and led him back into our room.

"Because Catie didn't want Eli to fight with his mother, for Molly to not get to know Eli's side of the family."

"She knows me and that is all that matters." Elliot smirked, and I rolled my eyes as we climbed back into bed.

"Well, Catie is trying to be a bigger person. It was hard for her to not stand up for herself, but she did it for Eli and Molly." I spoke, before laying my head against his chest.

///

Eli's POV

It was really weird not having Catie in Manhattan with us. I've taken care of Molly by myself before, but it's just so much easier because knows exactly how Molly likes everything, and for the first day without my wife in Manhattan with us, it was a guessing game. But Molly was being a good sport, not getting mad at me when I didn't get it right the first time.

"So, Catie is staying with her mother and Dad until we get home." I spoke, as I walked into the kitchen and started to fill Molly's cup with orange juice.

"Why is she doing that?" My mother asked, and I didn't know why she was being cold when my wife isn't even here. 

"Because the last time she hit this mark in her pregnancy, she almost lost Molly. Or do you not remember or care about that?" I asked, just as cold as when she made her comment.

"Of course I care about that! These are my grandchildren!" She exclaimed, and I shook my head.

"No, you don't. You don't even care about my wife. She left because of something you said, right?" I spat, and she laughed bitterly.

"No, it's because your wife is a selfish child!" She spat, and I slammed the cup down and she jumped a bit.

"My wife isn't a selfish child! You have been attacking her ever since she told Olivia that Dad wanted her to move in! He isn't your husband anymore! He is Olivia's boyfriend, and you need to fucking figure that out because she can't be blaming my wife for you not being able to keep Dad interested long enough!" I spat, and my mother slapped me hard across my cheek.

"You are my son, and I demand some respect from you. I demand that you apologize for speaking to me the way you just did." She ordered, and I shook my head.

"Catie didn't stand up for herself because she wants you to like her. She wants Molly and myself to be able to come up here and not be hated. And if you continue to treat my wife like trash, I'll treat you just the same way. Catherine is my soulmate, and the mother of my children." I spoke, before grabbing the cup and storming into the living room. I stopped when I saw Molly standing in the living room, her arms wrapped tightly around a baby doll, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Daddy, why were you and Grandma yelling?" She asked, as her breathing came in painful hiccups.

"Love, come here." I spoke. I met her half way and swung her into my arms, I held her close as we walked up the stairs and into my childhood bedroom, and the one she had a toddler bed in.

"Daddy, are you mad at me?" She asked, and I quickly shook my head.

"Molly, I am not mad at you. Grandma and I just got into a little fight. But, good news though. I got you your orange juice." I smiled softly, as I smoothed her blonde curls.

"Please don't fight, Daddy. It makes me sad." She sniffled, as she took her cup and started to drink from it.

"I know, and I'm sorry baby girl. I'll try not to fight anymore."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D