Seventeen

Olivia's POV

I ran up the steps of my husband's apartment building, and then I took the stairs to his floor two at a time. When I got to his door, I knocked loudly, and I stood their anxiously. All I wanted was him to open the door.

"Liv?" David questioned, and I took a slow breath before speaking.

"What we did last night was very unexpected. I didn't come over here expecting for you to start kissing me, and then for us to go even farther than that. I wanted to come over and yell at you the way you yelled at me. But now, we both have did some stupid things. All I ask from you is to give me another chance. To come home and hold me at night. To be there when the girls wake up, and take them to school. To kiss me when I come home after a long day, and to it all over again the next day. I honestly don't know what my life would be without you, so please, David. Please come home." I spoke, as he stood there staring at me.

Through my rant, a small smile grew on my husband's lips. He reached out and tucked some hair behind my ear after I was done speaking, before he cupped my cheeks in his hands, and kissed my lips passionately, which sent chills going down my spine. 

"I want you to continue kissing me like that for the rest of our lives, alright?" I spoke, as he leaned down and pressed his forehead against mine, and he smiled and nodded.

"I promise, baby." He spoke, before snaking his arms around me and kissing me again.

///

I laid with my husband all day, his arms wrapped around my body, and my head on his chest. This is how it was meant to be. He is the only man I'm meant to be with, and when we are together and not arguing over stupid things, we are happier than many people could ever dream of being.

Now that we are clearly moving back towards being together again, we don't need to worry about anything awkward happening when it comes to the futures that our children will have, because being divorced and trying to a part of your children's lives and also stay on the good side of your ex, has proven to be hard for many.

///

Elliot's POV [Months Later]

After several months of not being around my son, or even talking to him, my son and his wife invited both sides of their family down for a fourth of July party, and they also said there might be something exciting to be announced.

"I'm just hoping that Eli is out of the Marines, and they are moving home." Kathy sighed, as we walked down the hall from our big bank of hotel rooms that we got so our family could all be near each other.

"I really doubt our son is doing that, Kath." I replied, and she elbowed me.

"I'm tired of you and our children also seeking danger. Can't they be like dog walkers or something? Something where people don't hold grudges or where guns aren't used?" She replied, anger in every ounce of her voice. I laughed, before draping my arm over her shoulders.

"Kathy, he isn't deployed. He might be moving home, but I doubt he will completely leave the Marines. He'll probably be waiting in the reserves." I replied, and she nodded slowly, before shrugging away my arm.

"Grandma!" Our granddaughter, Violet, squealed as she saw Kathy and I walking towards the elevator. Kathy grinned before walking quicker to pick up the little girl. She spun her around, before covering her face in kisses. As we waited for the elevator, I walked over to my kids, and they were talking quietly about something.

"Wanna let your old dad in on this?" I asked, and Lizzie eyed me.

"What do you think they are gonna tell us?" She mused.

"Probably moving back home... Why?" I replied.

"Dad, they've been married for about a year. I think they are probably having a baby instead." Maureen smiled, and I shook my head.

"Eli said he didn't want kids until he was our of the Marines." I replied, stubbornly. I didn't want to admit that my son was like really growing up enough that he'd be having a kid.

///

Catie's POV

Eli and I spent the day before decorating the backyard for a small family party, but since Eli has a large family, it wasn't that small to start.

We were going to take them down to the water to watch the fireworks, but before that we were going to have a cook out and try to get everyone to bond. It really did suck that Eli and I's marriage started off on the wrong foot, regarding our families, and we wanted to get everyone back on track.

"Do you think we got enough food?" I asked, as I took another batch of sugar cookies from the oven.

"Maybe you should've bought more watermelon." Eli smiled, before walking over and wrapping his arms around my waist, and kissing my cheek gently.

"It's summer, and I bought 4. I guess we might be good." I sighed, nervously.

"Don't be nervous. Our siblings are very well behaved, and so our my, well now our, nieces and nephews. We just need to worry about our parents, but hopefully they will be on their best behaviors." He spoke, and I nodded slowly.

We just stood there, as I took the cookies off the tray, and Eli just gently kissed my cheek or my neck as an attempt to calm me down.

A knock on our door sounded, and Eli quickly moved away from me to answer. I took a slow breath and forced a smile on my face, even though I wasn't even close to feeling good.

///

"You look pale." My mother spoke, as she pulled away from our hug.

"I've been preparing for this party, and I'm just so exhausted." I replied, and she nodded slowly. I heard Eli say my name, and I turned around and smiled before walking towards him. He cleared his throat, then proceeded to tell his annoying siblings to shut the hell up, which led to laughing.

Once everyone had calmed down, I looked over our families as Eli thanked everyone. I couldn't help but smile when I saw my parents standing together, my father standing behind my mother with his arms around around her. They were smiling and happy, which made this news so much easier to deliver.

"So, as you all know we have something we'd like to tell you." Eli spoke, and no one else replied. They just stared at us, smiles covering their faces.

"Yesterday, we got the all clear from Catie's doctor, and now we can safely tell you all that we're having a baby."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D