Eleven

Catherine's POV

I left Manhattan the next morning, and my husband and myself went back to an almost normal life. We both worked, and Eli tried to keep my brain occupied enough, that I wouldn't start thinking about the email from my father's lawyer. He was asking me to come back to Manhattan, and help with the custody issue at hand. I didn't want to, so I called the lawyer and told him that this isn't my fight. I wasn't picking sides. He just needed to make sure my sisters were taken care of and loved.

"So, my superior told me that I might get deployed soon." Eli spoke, as we sat together eating dinner, and I frowned.

"How long, Eli?" I questioned.

"I don't know. It might not even happen, because he said I might. They already have a large group, so I might make it just below the line." Eli smiled, and I frowned again.

"We just got married and this is going to really suck if you leave me. Especially right now." I sighed.

"I know, I know. But Catie, this is something I can't say no to, if they pick me. You signed up for this when you decided to marry me." He replied, and I kicked him under the table, and he gave me another smile.

"Remind me that if we decide to take the next step of having kids, that you must retire and get a job that won't get you killed, so I can have you around to change diapers." I spoke, and he laughed. He grabbed my hand, and ran his fingers over my knuckles, and then looked me in the eyes.

"I'll be here whenever we decide we want to have kids. But as of right now, I'm going to load the dishwasher, than go for a job. Wanna join me?" He questioned.

"I guess I can." I smiled.

While Eli got his running clothes on, I was tying my sneakers, when my phone rang. I stood up and walked towards it. When I got close, I saw my mother's number, and I declined the call right away.

///

Olivia's POV

I sighed as I shoved my phone back into my pocket, and then looked out of my office window, and saw the crew working hard on our latest case. I wasn't all in it, though. My mind was still full, and all I wanted was to continue the small grieving process that I was going through, since my marriage was dying, and that next step was to apologize to my kids.

The twins weren't too hard to apologize to, but when it came to Catie, that was a whole different ballpark. My daughter was stubborn like her father and myself, which was one shitty thing about procreating with a man just as stubborn as you.

"How are you doing?" Amanda questioned, as she walked into my office, and I shrugged.

"As good as I can possibly be in this moment."

"When do you think Catie will start talking to you again?" Amanda questioned, and I laughed at her question. It took her a moment to realize why I was laughing, but she smiled once she realized.

"Okay, yes, your daughter is stubborn and holds grudges, but she might come around eventually." She spoke, and I nodded.

"Yeah, hopefully. How is the case going?" I mused.

"It's okay. We are trying to locate the mother, and question her."

"Once you find her, tell me. I want in on the questioning. I need something to occupy my mind. And there is nothing better than trying to break someone." I smiled, and she shook her head.

"You are one dark woman, Olivia. But that is one reason why you are my best friend." She grinned, before standing and leaving. I looked back down at my phone, before dialing Catie's number again.

She didn't pick up, but I decided to leave her a message.

"Hey, Catie. It's Mom, and I know you aren't answering because you know it's me. Well, I love you, and I miss you. Also, I'm sorry about everything. Please forgive me."

///

Elliot's POV

My ex wife found out about the passionate kiss I had forced onto Liv, and she was beyond angry. I was thankful that my kids were out of the house, and grown up, because that meant Kathy couldn't keep them from me.

However, they weren't too happy with what I did. They also weren't too happy about how I was willing to destroy their little brother's relationship, if it meant I might be happy. I was being beyond selfish, and I'm just hoping everyone can overlook that. That everyone would be able to forgive me sometime in the future, because I want to be involved in the lives of my family. I want to be able to be involved in the lives of my grandchildren, and any that come in the future.

"You are one sick man." Amanda spoke, as she came up and sat next to me. I looked over at the young detective that I've seen in several newspaper articles, and now she was going to harass me. Probably for Liv.

"And you are an addict. Want me to tell you something you don't know?" I replied, and she rolled her eyes.

"Why do you think that kissing my best friend was a good option? She's your son's mother in law. Eventually you'll be sharing grandkids, seeing each other at birthday parties." Amanda replied, and I shrugged.

"I love her." I spoke, and Amanda shook her head.

"You are jealous now, Elliot. You just want her, because she was happy. Because she had everything you wanted with her, but instead she had it with David. I bet you just heard that she was married to a lawyer, and you knew she must be happy, and that you didn't want her to be happy."

"Okay, back off blondie." I laughed, and she shook her head, as she stood.

"Don't you dare. Stay the hell away from Olivia, and from anyone relating to her." Amanda yelled, and I was drunk and desperate, so when I stood, I kissed her like there was no tomorrow.

Well, I just made Elliot a manwhore, it's official. Thanks for reading, and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D