Twenty-One

Since both Olivia and David, and Catie and Eli are both in good spots, I'm going to write this chapter in those four POVs. I want to also base it around how they met. Hope you enjoy. :)

Olivia's POV [22+ years early]

I sat on the edge of my bed, as Alex tossed my clothes onto a pile on the floor. I was not ready for the Christmas party she was forcing me to go to, because just a month ago my best friend slept with me for the last time before picking his estranged wife over me.

"Can't I just stay here? I want to sleep after I get shit faced." I spoke, and she shook her head.

"No, because I'm tired of you moping around. He was married." She spoke, and I felt the tears well in my eyes. She turned around because I hadn't responded, and she frowned.

"I'm sorry, Liv. I know that you love him, and are so heartbroken over it, but you need to move on. You need to find someone to help with the pain, because in the end, you are an amazing woman who needs someone to hold you at night, and to give you those babies you want." Alex smiled, and I wiped a few tears from my cheeks, before standing slowly.

"Just give me a dress. I'm going to curl my hair."

I walked into my bathroom and started to slowly curl my hair, until Alex came in and held up a dress and smiled.

She had picked the tightest red dress I have, and I knew I didn't want anything to do with this dinner. All I wanted was to stay home, put on a pair of sweats and sleep. I didn't want to move on, because there was no one out there that was even close to perfect for me. Elliot was the one I want, the one I craved. I miss feelings his hands on my skin, and his lips against mine. I missed feeling his breath against my skin as we laid extraordinarily close together. I missed his smile.

"Liv, please don't cry." Alex spoke, as she hung the dress up, before pulling me into a hug. I hadn't even realized that I was crying. I clung to my friend, as she rubbed my back.

"I miss him so much, and this is all too much. I just want to stay home and sleep. Please let me do that." I whispered, but Alex was pushing me away and taking my dress from the hanger.

"Nope. You will not sit here and mope. There is going to be tons of nice, drunk, hot lawyers there. Just go and see if maybe you can find someone to sleep with. Then everything else will go away. I promise."

///

I felt weird as I walked into a fancy hotel conference room where a bunch of lawyers from all over New York City were sitting and talking, or laughing and drinking. I was a just some stupid police officer who was trying to get through a slump that was causing her depression and anxiety to become worse.

Alex had forced me into high heels, and had me do my makeup even more than I usually do. I felt weird, and was already planning my escape.

"Okay, so why don't you go and get some wine, and I'll find a few people to talk to." She spoke, and I sighed before nodding.

I walked away from my friend, and crossed my arms over my chest as I walked. When I made it to the bar, I got two red wines, before turning and looking around to see if I could find Alex.

When I did spot her, I saw her already talking to a guy, her face flushed and a smile covering her face. I had been gone for barely 5 minutes, and she was already hitting it up with someone.

I looked around and saw a table with only one person at it, and I walked over there and sat down the two glasses before taking a sip and sitting down.

"You must really be having  a bad night." The man spoke, and I turned to look at him. He was smiling because he thought he was amusing.

"Want this one?" I questioned, deciding that he looked lonely and might want to talk to me tonight while Alex got laid.