Forty-Six

Eli's POV

My wife was clearly having some troubles when it comes to the overwhelming duty of being a mother to our daughter. As I laid in bed beside her, I started to remember what had been happening over the last few months.

She had been barely sleeping, and when she was in bed beside me, she was either tossing and turning and crying. I didn't know how to approach it, because I'm still not even that used to being married, even after 3 years of being Catie's husband.

She was also losing weight. She was skinny to start with, pretty much a twig, but now I could see her bones more.

"Daddy, go to bed." Molly whispered, as she looked up at me. I smiled at my daughter, as she ran her small hand over one of her eyes.

"Why aren't you sleeping, baby?" I questioned slowly.

"Cause you aren't sleeping, Daddy." She smiled softly, before she pushed herself up and she crawled onto my chest. I held her close and rubbed her back before smoothing her hair. Her curls bounced right back up, even if I attempted to keep them flat.

"I'll sleep now, baby. Just close your eyes and cuddle close to me beautiful."

///

The next morning I called into work and I made breakfast for my daughter. Molly stayed quiet as she played on my iPad, and since she was quiet it gave Catie more time to sleep.

But when my wife came down, I was cleaning syrup off of Molly's face as she giggled happily.

"Hey, what are you doing home?" Catie asked, as she worked her hair back into a pony tail.

"I told you that I'd take today off to help out. So I called in and now I'm cleaning off this syrup monster." I spoke, growling the last part and making Molly giggle even louder.

"You didn't have to, Eli. I jut needed some sleep. I got some, and now I should go shower and head out to our parents' house. The twins are going to be there. They said they'd help watch Molly while we re-tile the bathroom." Catie spoke, as she walked over to the coffee maker and grabbed a mug from the rack. She filled it as I watched her.

"Catie, lets just stay home." I spoke, and she looked at me as she drank her coffee.

"What?"

"Lets just stay home. The three of us. Sweetie, we can watch a movie and play games with Molly." I spoke, and she swallowed hard.

"I think something's wrong with me, Eli." She breathed, and even Molly went silent.

"What do you mean? What do you think is wrong?" I questioned, and she swallowed hard.

"I'm getting headaches everyday, and I just feel worn down. I'm tired, and I feel like I did when I was first pregnant with Molly." She breathed, and I nodded slowly.

"Well then lets get this figured out. Come on, we'll go buy a pregnancy test."

"What about me, Mommy?" Molly asked as I lifted her out of her high chair.

"Nothing, princess. Lets just get you dressed." I answered for Catie, because she seemed very upset about maybe being pregnant.

///

Elliot's POV

"Elliot, Catie just called and said they aren't coming over to help today. She isn't feeling well." Mason spoke, as she walked into the kitchen, where I was putting up a tile sheet thing that Olivia wanted behind the sink.

"Oh? Did she say if we needed to get Molly?" I questioned.

"No, she said Eli was home with her and that he'd help her. So do you need Maggie and I to help with the bathroom?" She questioned, as she leaned against the counter. I smiled as I looked over at her.

"We'd love the extra help. Your mother may need your support if we can't get the tiles to match up to help soothe her OCD." I smirked, and she laughed as her mother walked into the kitchen.

"I heard that, Stabler. Now, where is that sister of yours, Mason?" Olivia asked, and Mason sighed.

"She isn't coming. She doesn't feel well." Mason spoke, before she left the room to get changed into something she didn't mind getting dirty.

"Catie doesn't feel well?" Olivia questioned as she looked at me.

"I guess. I don't know what's happening. She'll be okay though." I replied.

"I think her anxiety is kicking back in. It's sad to watch and not be able to do anything." Olivia frowned, as she walked over to me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close.

"What would cause that? I thought she and Eli were really happy." I replied, and she nodded.

"They are happy, but Catie is just feeling like she isn't meant to be a stay at home mom. But she also doesn't want to miss a thing."

"Well, I'm sure a day off with help a bit. Now, we have to work on the bathroom."

///

I was sitting on the back porch with Olivia and the twins, enjoying pizza, when we heard a car door shut. Olivia stood up and leaned over the railing to see who it was, and she smiled as she waved. The next thing I heard was Molly's squealing and I stood quickly to get to her before Olivia did.

"Papa!" Molly squealed, and I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her and held her close.

"Hey princess. How are you?" I asked, and her eyes went wide as a smile spread over her lips.

"I'm going to be a big sister, Papa!" She exclaimed, and the twins went silent, and Olivia stopped moving.

"What?" Olivia breathed, as she quickly looked over at Eli and Catie.

"I'm pregnant, Mom." Catie breathed, as she leaned against Eli.

"Are we happy about this, Cat?" I questioned, and she shrugged.

"Haven't decided yet. Uh, excuse me." She breathed, as she walked into the door next to Olivia's future garden.

I looked at Olivia and she quickly walked through the back door so she could find Catie and talk to her.

 I looked at me son, and he smiled at me.

"I'm getting another baby." He smiled, and I nodded.

"Do you think she'll be happy?" I asked, as I sat Molly down with the girls.

"Eventually. Right now she's just stressed out. But I'm going to figure this all out. I'm going to do everything to make sure she can get to a place where she can be happy to have this baby."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D