Thirty-Three

Olivia's POV

When we arrived in DC, David had told me to turn around or else he'd come down and get the girls. He was pissed, and I was still confused about what was really bothering him. I turned my cell off so he couldn't contact us, and so the girls and I could have some time with the newest addition to our family.

I did tell Kathy we were almost to the hospital, so she could be there when we got there.

"Hey, Kathy. So, how is she?" I asked, as the girls and I walked towards her.

"Molly is stunning. Our kids are just in love with their daughter." Kathy smiled, before we hugged each other awkwardly.

"Well, want to take us up there? I want the girls to meet Molly and see their sister."

"Maybe we can talk to?" Kathy questioned, and I nodded slowly.

"Sure."

We walked up the stairs and into the hospital. Then we headed towards the elevator and took it to the maternity wing of the hospital.

"So, Maggie, how are you feeling?" Kathy asked, as she tugged on the bottom of Maggie's braid. She had wanted a wig and we got one that she loves.

"I'm feeling good, Mrs. Stabler!" She exclaimed.

"Good, I know how upset my son and your sister were when they found out you were sick." Kathy breathed, and Maggie sighed.

"I really like your son, Mrs. Stabler. I'm glad he's my niece's dad." Maggie grinned.

///

Once we got up to their floor, Maggie put her mask on and then Kathy knocked lightly on Catie's hospital room.

"Mom, have you been able to get a hold of Catie's mom? We can't get in contact with her and Catie is freaking out." Eli spoke, but then he looked over his mom's shoulder and saw us.

"Mom turned her phone off because Dad is being a dick." Mason spoke, and I elbowed her in her side, and she sighed.

"Mom?" Catie spoke, and I smiled as I ushered the girls into the room, and my daughter's expression changed completely.

"Hey, love. So I heard you had a baby?" I grinned, and she nodded excitedly.

"Yeah, they are bringing her back here soon."

///

Catie's POV

I had been freaking out when my mother didn't answer her cell, but once I saw her and my sisters show up, I calmed completely, and I was so excited for her and the twins to meet my daughter.

I asked my nurse to get her shortly after I started to panic, and when my mother stood up after hugging me, the nurse was wheeling Molly in.

"Okay, here is your little girl, Catherine." The nurse smiled, and I looked over at my mother and saw how bright her face became once she saw Molly. She walked slowly over to the small cot thing, and she pushed her hair behind her ear as she and the twins looked at my baby girl.

"I think they like her a lot." Eli whispered, as he sat next to me on my bed, and looped his arm around my waist.

"Can I hold her?" My mother asked quietly. I was confused at first, but it was like she forgot how to hold a baby, since the last time she did she held Jesse for the first time after Amanda had her.

"Of course. She is your granddaughter." I grinned. My mother gave me a small smile before she turned around and gently scooped Molly up, and began to cradle her in her arms.

"She's so tiny." She whispered, and I smiled but didn't respond.

I'm so glad that they can meet her, and the drama my father brings to the table right now isn't like a dark cloud hovering over us in this important time.

///

My mother and sisters stayed for hours. They took turns holding Molly, and then they also got caught up on everything happening in our lives, and I got to hear about how Maggie was in remission and was finally able to join her class again.

Then after I sent Eli, Kathy, my mother, and my sisters down to get some food, my father showed up.

"Cat." He spoke from the doorway, and I quickly covered myself up with a blanket since I was in the middle of nursing Molly.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I questioned as calmly as I could.

"Your mother brought Mason and Maggie down here. They need to be at home and getting sleep. They have class in the morning." He replied, and I frowned.

"So you didn't come down here to meet Molly." I replied coldly.

"What?" He replied. He had expected me to just tell him where they were so he could take them back to Manhattan, but I wasn't going to do that. I wanted them here, so they'd stay here.

"You came down here just to be a jackass, to take my sisters and mother away from me again. But you didn't drive four hours to meet your only grandchild."

"I'd meet her eventually. But right now, she's a little busy." He spoke, as he gestured towards me.

"Just get out. Go home and get over whatever is bothering you. I just want some peace and quiet." I responded, and he rolled his eyes before stomping out like a child throwing a fit.

///

I finished nursing Molly, and when everyone got back she was sleeping in the crook of my arm. My mother clearly hadn't seen my father since she was still smiling, but when she noticed my expression, concern replaced that smile.

"Catie?" She questioned.

"Dad's here. Wanna tell me why he's being like this? Do you even know?" I questioned, and she swallowed hard.

"Uh, I honestly have no idea." She replied, as Eli took Molly from my arms.

"Mom, I do." Maggie spoke, and I looked over at her, as Kathy quietly excused herself.

"What?" I breathed, and our mother breathed slowly.

"Leah's back in town. With a baby. She came over when I was home staying away from germs." Maggie spoke, and my mother quickly left the room as she turned her cell on. I looked down at my hands as tears welled in my eyes.

Well isn't this great.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D