Forty-Four

Eli's POV

When my father started to head down to DC, I told him that I wanted to come along. See if I can talk some sort of sense into my wife. I know that she has a hard time keeping secrets because she just wants to tell Olivia everything, but I feel like I need to explain to her how that isn't right. She can't just be jumping into their business and hope that nothing bad happens.

"I can't get a hold of any of them." I sighed, as I sat my phone in the cup holder.

"Because we pissed them both off." My father replied, and I shook my head.

"Cat pissed me off." I spoke, because I believe that it's true. 

"Do you think Cat really pissed you off? Because she can never piss you off." He spoke, and I groaned as I unlocked my phone and started to dial my wife's number again, but my phone buzzed and I saw Olivia's number.

"Olivia, are you okay? Where are you guys?" I questioned quickly.

"We are coming to Manhattan. I need to talk to your father. Do you know if he is at his apartment?" Olivia questioned.

"We are two hours outside of DC!" I exclaimed, and she sighed.

"Well I need to talk to him. Please tell him to stop. We need to meet up." She replied quickly, urgency in her voice.

"Okay, I'll tell him. Just relax. There is a rest stop coming up soon. I'll send you the address and we will wait here until you get here." I spoke, as I heard Molly start screaming in the background.

"You brought Molly?!" I exclaimed, and she said.

"Catie and I are both coming. She wanted to apologize for everything." She replied, before the call dropped. I looked over at my father, and he looked at me with confusion.

"What's happening?" He questioned.

"They are heading up here. We have to stop and wait for them. I guess they want to talk."

///

Olivia's POV

We had to pull over on the side of the road for about 15 minutes because Molly was throwing a fit and we couldn't calm her down. But then we got back on the road and got to the rest stop quicker than we had thought. I saw Elliot's car, and felt my stomach tense up as my nerves got to me.

"Mom, let me talk to him. I'll apologize and maybe that will help." Catie spoke, as she parked the car.

"I love you and all, but I can do this." I replied, and she swallowed hard.

"I'm so sorry for doing this to you guys. I know you two were happy, but of course I had to go and screw it up once again. I'm always screwing things up for you." She whispered, as she ran her hands over her face.

"Don't beat yourself up over this. I've had commitment issues, and you know that. Everyone was surprised when I married your father, but now I'm here. I'm here and I'm going to fix everything with Elliot. Don't worry." I spoke, as I reached over and grabbed her hands. I squeezed them tightly in my hands, before leaning over and kissing her cheek.

"I'm still so sorry, Mom." She whispered, and I nodded.

"I know you are baby. Lets get Molly out. She probably wants to run around while you and Eli talk."

///

Elliot's POV

I watched as Olivia walked towards me, and I didn't know what to expect. Maybe she was going to break up with me, and then I'd have to drive home completely heartbroken.

"Hey, Liv." I breathed, and she nodded a bit, before shoving the hands into her pockets.

"Hey, um, I need to explain myself." She whispered, and I nodded slowly. I pointed at a bench under a tree, and she nodded and we walked over there together, and as we sat she grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together.

"Are we still together?" I asked, and she nodded slowly.

"Elliot, I don't want to be without you. You are my best friend, and the love of my life. I thought I was in love with David, but I wasn't in love with him, the way I'm in love with you." She spoke, as she gently rubbed my leg. I looked down for a moment, before looking into her beautiful brown eyes.

"I can stay in Manhattan." I spoke, and she shook her head.

"No, you and I are going to move in together. But, I don't want to just jump into this. I want you and me to get a place that we can both work on together. I want to make sure there are rooms for the girls, for Molly and your other grandchildren. I want it to be a place where we can grow old together, where we can be so madly in love that no one could get between us. Where you can't find someone better, and where I don't get depressed anymore." She spoke with so much passion. Tears streamed down her cheeks, and she laughed as she wiped them away.

"You may be a mess right now, but you are the most beautiful mess of a woman I've ever seen." I laughed, and she smiled as she leaned over and hugged me tightly. I held her closer, and sighed as I heard Molly's squeals as she came running over to us.

"We better watch her, Eli and Catie have to talk." Olivia spoke, as she reached down and swung Molly into her arms.

///

Catie's POV

My husband and I sat on the edge of a fence that wrapped around a small play area. Molly wanted to play in there, but she got bored quickly so I carried her towards Elliot and my mother, and then let her sprint to them so she could burn some energy.

I walked back over to my husband and frowned.

"I'm sorry." I sighed, because I didn't like apologizing to him, but I'd do it if it meant we could go back to being happy and not tense.

"About?" He urged, and I rolled my eyes.

"About being a loud mouth and telling mother about everything your father had planned. I was stupid, and I apologize." I spoke, and he smiled as he wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me close.

"Good. Now, promise to never blurt something out that isn't yours to blurt." He spoke, and I rolled my eyes again.

"I promise to not blurt something out that isn't mine to blurt. Are you happy now?" I huffed, and he smiled.

"Very happy." He smiled, before he kissed me softly.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D