Twenty-Seven

Olivia's POV

I was shocked to say the least. Eli has did so many good things for us, and he was always so well mannered, but he broke because he was protecting his wife and daughter.

I was going to have a grand-daughter, which is beyond amazing, but would I really be in her life, since her mother doesn't want anything to do with me.

"Hey, is Mason back?" David asked as he walked towards me, a smile on his lips.

"Y-yeah." I breathed, and he frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"Uh, Eli just talked to me. I need to call Catie."

"What did he say to you to make you so upset?"

"Catie says I play favorites. I guess that I'm not as interested in her life, as I am in the twins' lives." I breathed.

"Liv-"

"No! I don't know what the hell I'm doing anymore!" I exclaimed.

"You are a great mother!"

"I didn't even care what our daughter was having! I didn't show any interested in the gender of our grandchild! I'm a shitty mother!" I yelled, which made everyone turn and stare.

"Liv, come on. Lets go outside."

///

David and I stood outside in the parking lot, and I paced in front of our car.

"Olivia, you are stretched thin. You are a CO at SVU, and you are raising twin girls. Then you are here all the time and haven't went home for more than an hour at a time. No one can expect you to do more than that. Catie is just going to have to learn to be an adult, and not rely on your as much." David spoke, and tears welled in my eyes.

"She only had 12 years of relying on me. Not even. She has never been my first focus. It's always been work, or you, and then the twins. It's never really been just her. I've always been too busy."I whispered, and my husband just shook his head. I reached my hand out to him, and he eyed me.

"What?"

"Give me the keys to the car."

"Why?"

"I'm going to DC."

"You have a daughter with cancer in there who needs you!" He yelled.

"And I have a daughter in DC who needs me too!" I yelled back.

"Then you have to decide, Olivia. An adult over a child." David spoke, as he crossed his arms over his chest, and tears ran down my cheeks.

This is horrible...

///

Catie's POV

Eli got home while I was making him his favorite cake, banana cake with peanut butter frosting. I don't know why he loves it, but he does.

"Oh, it smells good in here." Eli smiled, as he sat his togo mug on the counter, before walking towards me.

"Well, it's a thank you cake, so it better smell good." I grinned. My husband wrapped his arms around my waist, and ran his hands over my stomach.

"She's moving like crazy. It still amazes me." Eli smiled, and I nodded slowly, as I leaned into him.

"So, how was the drive?" I asked, as I leaned a little more into him.

"It was okay. I had to yell at your sister." He spoke, and my eyes went wide.

"What?"

"She was being disrespectful towards your mother. I just told her to have some respect for her, even if she can be a jerk sometimes."

"I just wish she wasn't a jerk." I frowned.

"I do too. But I talked to her-"

"You did what?" I questioned, as I arched my eyebrow, and turned around so my body was against the counter.

"Don't even start. Let me tell you before you beat me senseless."

"Okay." I frowned, as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I talked to her about the fact that she hurt you. The fact that she doesn't care about you the way she cares about the twins. She favors them, and I brought it to light for her, and I told her that you noticed. Our daughter isn't going to be raised in an environment like that. No clear favorites. Nothing but equal love and attention." He spoke, and tears welled in my eyes. I leaned in and wrapped my arms around his neck as I kissed him.

I worked my hands through his shorter hair, as we continued to deepen the kiss. All I want is happiness, and to be loved by my family, but I found happiness and love with my husband.

///

Elliot's POV

Kathy and I went down to DC the week after Catie found out the gender of the baby, and they were planning on telling us face to face. They could barely hold their excitement in when they asked us to come down, so I'm guessing they were getting what they wanted.

"So, this is going to be the nursery. Now, I'm going to give you a chance to guess before we go in." Eli smiled, as I stood next to Kathy and Catie.

"You both are going to be so excited." Catie smiled, as she ran her hands over her stomach, and Kathy eyed her.

"We are excited no matter what gender our next grandbaby is going to be. We have more girls than boys, but it's amazing either way." Kathy smiled, but then she looked at Eli.

"I think it's a girl, love." She smiled, and I watched as my son's facial expression change.

"ELI!" I exclaimed, and he laughed.

"Okay, I'm shitty at hiding this! It's my baby girl, and I'm so excited for her to come. I just want to hold her and tell her how amazing she is, and how much she is loved." 

"What are you naming her?" Kathy asked, as we walked into the girly nursery.

"We decided on Molly. It's simple and cute." Catie smiled, as she pointed at the flowery painted wood letters on the wall.

"I love that name! We were thinking of that for Maureen, but of course we didn't pick it." Kathy spoke, as she walked around. She was in her element. She was so excited to be a grandmother again.

"Middle name?" I asked, and Eli smiled.

"I bet you could guess." Eli sighed, as he tried to piss me off.

"Eli, just tell me!" I exclaimed, as my ex and Eli's wife laughed.

"Her middle name is Bernadette, Elliot." Catie smiled, and I ran my hand over my face and sighed, but when I looked back at them, I was smiling.

"It's perfect."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D