Fifty-Three

David's POV

When I got home after dropping the kids off at my daughter's house, I drove home and waited in my car for a bit. It was around the time Leah would be getting Camden down for bed because Carter was already out.

I climbed from my car once I knew Leah was putting Camden to bed. I walked into the house and quickly did up the dishes before my wife walked down the stairs.

"Hey, did you just get home?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah. I had to clean up the car a bit." I replied. She wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed my neck gently as she ran her hands over my stomach. I sighed because I knew what she had in mind, but I only wanted to talk about how I wanted to see Catie more often and I wanted to introduce her to Camden and Carter.

"Why don't you just leave those there. You can do them in the morning." She smiled.

"L, can we talk?" I asked slowly.

"What do we have to talk about?" She mused.

"Let's just talk before bed, alright? I'll finish these up and then I'll be up."

///

I finished the dishes before heading up the stairs and into our bedroom. Leah was laying on our bed with her arms wrapped around my pillow. 

"Leah, are you awake enough to talk?" I questioned, and my wife yawned as she rolled over to look at me.

"No, not really." She yawned.

"Come on, babe. I listen to you when you talk, sit up and listen to me when I talk." I frowned. My wife pushed herself up and looked at me.

"What do you have to talk about?" She asked as she tried to pretend to have an interest in my life.

"My daughter."

"Which one?" She yawned.

"Nevermind, go to sleep." I huffed, before climbing off the bed and heading towards the bathroom. She groaned and I felt like strangling her.

"Stop being so damn dramatic, David. Just get the hell back in bed and talk."

"Leah I listen to every fucking thing you talk about. You are such a bitch sometimes and I really am thinking about divorce." I yelled. Leah stared at me with horror.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Don't act like my shit is less important than yours." I spat, before heading to leave the room.

"I'll report you for abusing me, David Haden!" She screamed, and I stopped in my tracks. She has used that so many times, but the bruise has healed, and it was once.

"Go ahead and try. I bet that you are known as a lying bitch in more than just Manhattan."

///

Catie's POV

A loud knock sounded on my door in the middle of the night, and Eli quickly climbed out of bed to answer it. I pushed myself up and turned on the lamp that was on the bedside table and waited for my husband to come back up. When he did come up, he passed right past our room and then came back a few moments later with Molly.

"Did she wake up?" I asked quietly, but my daughter was in such a deep sleep that she didn't wake up when Eli brought her in.

"No, your Dad is putting Carter in the crib, and Camden is gonna sleep in Molly's bed. Your father is sleeping across the hall." Eli replied, and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"What is he doing here?" I mused.

"He got into a fight with Leah. He's proving a point by taking the boys." He replied, and before he could tell me to go back to sleep, I was grabbing my robe and heading out of the room.

"Cat!" He exclaimed, but I was shutting our door and knocking on my father's. He opened it slowly and looked at me.

"Cat, what are you doing up?" My father asked, and I frowned.

"Eli came into our room with my baby and said you and the boys were here. Why are you here?"

"Leah and I are fighting. She said she's going to report me for abuse." He sighed.

"Dad..." I trailed off.

"I hit her once. It was in the heat of the moment. It was shortly after Camden was a born and she was just getting on my nerves. She said that either I give her another baby and marry her, or she'd call the police on me. That's why I'm in the position I am now."

"Dad, get a divorce if she makes you so unhappy. Just get the boys and leave her."

"See, she won't let that happen. She knows how to make you feel so bad and so wrong when you think about leaving, or when you want to talk. She is the only reason why I'm unhappy. I love my sons, but I also kinda love her still."

"Get some sleep." I sighed because I knew he'd never leave her. He was so willing to leave my mother, but not Leah.

"Cat-" He started, but I was already out of his room and heading downstairs.

///

About five in the morning my stepmother showed up at my house.

"Leah?" I sighed as I opened the door. I hadn't gone back to bed since my parent arrived, so I was able to answer the door quickly enough that no one would wake up.

"Catherine let me see your father."

"Leah, it's really early. He's sleeping, and so is everyone else in this house." I huffed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I don't know who you think you are, but I want to see my husband and my sons now." She huffed, and I smiled as I slammed the door in her face and locked it. She started to pound on it as I headed up the stairs.

"Catie, who's here?" Eli asked, as he quickly got out of bed.

"Just Leah. Leave her down there."

"She's in our house?!" 

"No, she's outside of our house pounding on the door. She better know that I'm gonna call the police since she is trespassing." I smirked, and Eli sighed as he laid back in bed and placed his hands over Molly's ears.

"I hope it starts to rain." He smiled.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D