Thirty-Two

Eli's POV

My wife didn't talk to her father for the rest of her pregnancy, and her family didn't come down like mine did when we were waiting for Molly's arrival.

Molly came in the middle of the night three days after she was supposed to be born. It was a long day and night for Catie, but she handled it like a champ and she didn't make fun of me when I was crying like a baby when I watched Molly be placed on Catie's chest.

"Hi baby girl, I'm your Daddy and I love you so much already." I smiled, as I placed my daughter to my shoulder to burp her after Catie got finished nursing her.

"At least you aren't calling her princess. We don't need to make her head any bigger." Catie yawned from where she laid in her hospital bed. I smiled as I looked over at her.

"I'm sorry, Molly. Momma thinks I'm the one going to spoil your rotten and call your princess all the time, but we all know it's going to be your Momma." I smiled as I patted my daughter's back.

I continued to pat her back until she burped, than I moved into the rocking chair and started to rock my daughter as she yawned noisily.

"Do you want me to call your parents? Or see if my parents want to come up and meet Molly? Or should I wait?" I questioned, and Catie sighed.

"I don't know. I just hurt really bad right now. I think I just want to sleep. Maybe you can act as the diaper changer and stuff till they take her down for tests?" She yawned, and I nodded.

"I'd love to." I grinned. 

I watched as my wife fell asleep, and then so did our daughter. It was amazing to think that these two were mine. Catie is the love of my life, and she gave me the most beautiful baby girl.

"Thanks for keeping me alive, God. Cause otherwise I wouldn't be this lucky."

///

Amanda's POV

"Rollins." I spoke, as I answered my phone after its first ring.

"Hey, Amanda. It's Eli." The man replied, and I felt myself grow concerned.

"Hey, Eli. Is everything okay?" I questioned quickly. I looked over my shoulder and saw Olivia in her office, but she looked exhausted and angry.

"Everything is amazing, Amanda. Uh, Catie has something to tell you. Do you wanna FaceTime her?" Eli asked, and I was hesitant at first before replying.

"Sure, should I get Liv?" I questioned.

"No, Catie still has to figure something out. Don't worry."

After I few minutes my phone buzzed while Catie tried to FaceTime me. I accepted it as I sank back into my chair.

"Hey, Catie! What's up?" I questioned, as I noticed that she looked even more exhausted than her mother.

"Well, early this morning another Stabler was born." She smiled, before angling the phone down to show a blonde baby girl sleeping in her free arm.

"Oh she is so precious!" I exclaimed, and Catie beamed. She was so proud of her baby girl already.

"She's already a little princess thanks to her father. But I'm so in love with her."

"Oh I can't wait to meet her. Are you feeling decent? Or just super exhausted?" I questioned, and she shrugged.

"I'm okay, but I'm still exhausted. I can't wait to get to know her more." Catie beamed, and I would've continued to conversation, but Liv came out of her office.

"We just got a call about a rape murder. Amanda and Fin head out." She spoke, and I sighed.

"Your Mom said we have a case. Contact her and tell her. She deserves to know. I love you sweetie." I smiled, and she nodded.

"We love you too, Amanda. And I'll figure something out."

///

Olivia's POV

I sent my detectives out to check out a crime scene, and then I went back into my office. I ran my hands over my face, and yawned. Last night I had been restless, and it didn't help that Mason and Maggie were both going back to school today, and then there is David. He is shit talking Catie because he's being a dick for some reason, and that reason is still unknown.

We fought till nearly 11, before I passed out on the air mattress in Maggie and Mason's room.

Shortly after I sat down and started to doze off in my seat, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I questioned. I didn't recognize the number at the moment.

"Olivia, it's Kathy. I'm at the hospital in DC."

"Is everything okay? Is it Catie or Eli? The baby?" I asked, panicked.

"Are you not in DC? I thought you and your family were supposed to come down?" She replied.

"No, we didn't come down. Is everything okay?" I breathed, fearing the worse.

"You're a grandma."

///

I left the precinct and went and got the girls from school. Maggie was doing amazing, and she was allowed around germs, but since we were going into the hospital, I'd have to have her wear a mask.

I didn't bring it up to David, because he'd tell me not to go. The girls and I needed to meet Molly, whether he wanted us to or not.

"So I have a niece?" Maggie asked, as I drove closer to DC. Only an hour left.

"Yes, and we are going to be meeting her soon. Are you excited?" I questioned, and the girls nodded quickly.

"I've wanted to meet her since the day we found out Catie was having a baby. Molly is going to be the best baby ever." Mason exclaimed. She has became so involved in this all, that it still amazes me.

I was going to respond by my cell rang. I sighed and turned on the hands free mode.

"Hey, David. You're on speaking phone and the girls are in the car with me." I warned.

"Why are the girls with you? You're supposed to be at work and they have another hour left of school." He sighed.

"We are an hour outside of DC, Dad!" Maggie exclaimed.

"You're what?" David replied.

"We don't know what's wrong with you lately, and why you are having issues with Catie, but she gave birth early this morning. I'm going to meet my granddaughter, and I don't care what you think."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D