Eight

Catherine's POV

I took the day off of work and drove my sisters back to Manhattan. We stopped on the way and got breakfast and then lunch shortly before I dropped them off at the apartment that I grew up in. It was a long and hard drive, because in my mind, I knew this wasn't going to lead to a reconciliation between my parents. It was probably going to end in a divorce, and a crappy home life for my sisters. They are only ten for gods sake. They shouldn't have to go through that, but in reality, kids who are younger have went through it already.

"Can't we just move to DC with you and Eli?" Mason asked.

"Mason, we don't have the room. I slept on a air mattress for the last week with my husband." I sighed in response.

"Do you think Mom and Dad will have made up by now?" Maggie asked, and I looked in the rear view mirror, and swallowed hard as I looked at the youngest twin.

"Honestly or not?" I replied. This is how we've always been. Any hardships have always been hid from them, and my parents want me to help them with that. But when the issue even affects me as hard as it does them, then I ask them if they want the honest truth or a sugar coated one.

"Honest." They said in unison, and I groaned.

"Mom and Dad are probably still fighting. It'll be hard for them not to, because this is such a hard topic for both of them. Mom has always loved Elliot, and Dad has always loved Mom. It's just confusing."

"Does Mom not love Daddy?" Mason questioned quickly.

"She loves him, but I really don't know if it is because he gave her us, or a real, true, soulmate type of love." I replied slowly, before stopping at a stop light, and get ready to turn onto my parents' street.

"I hope they aren't home. I just want to sleep and then hopefully wake up to them not fighting." Maggie sighed, but her wish didn't come true because our mother's vehicle was outside, and it didn't look like it had been moved in awhile.

///

Olivia's POV

I was sitting in David's old office when the girls got home. It was empty and the walls were bare, which drives me nuts. But this didn't bother me as much as when David left the apartment with his boxes, and he said we could talk in awhile, but he needs to think about us in general.

"Mom?" Maggie called into the apartment, and I stood slowly. I walked out and stood in the doorway of the office, as the girls took their shoes off.

"How was DC?" I questioned, and then I saw Catie standing with a few bags in her hands. She had actually came in. 

"It was fun. I wish that you hadn't ruined it for everything though." Mason shot, and I swallowed hard. She and Maggie took of to their room, and I leaned back against the door frame.

"Were they good?" I asked Catie, and she nodded slowly.

"Perfect angels." She replied, but I had to laugh. They haven't been perfect angels in quiet some time.

We just awkwardly stood together, and then she noticed some of her father's items missing.

"Mom, where is Dad's light up clock thing that you hate?" She questioned, as she walked over to the wall. You could still see the outline of where the other part of the wall got dirty, and where the clock sat it didn't.

"It broke." I lied, and I made the mistake of moving away from the office, because then she got a view inside.

"Why?" She whispered, painfully.

"I got home from DC, and he had everything packed up and he left."

"God damn it Mom!" She yelled, and I shushed her, before grabbing her arm and dragging her into the office. I shut the door and bit my lip as she stared at me. She had David's eyes, and right now, they were full of rage.

"It isn't my fault!" I exclaimed, and it was an almost instant thing, when I realized that it has always been my fault.

"You kissed Elliot!" Catie cried out, and I shook my head.

"He kissed me, Catie! I didn't want that." I whispered.

"I don't care how many times you say you didn't want it. Or say that this family you have wasn't just a past time, but I won't believe you. We aren't just a game, Mom. We are four humans that love you. Who need you. I might be an adult, and Dad might be a grown man, but we still need you. And the twins... They are only 10. They deserve better than this."

///

David's POV

"Catie." I breathed, as I answered the front door of the apartment I was renting. My daughter's cheeks were red and she was shaking. She stepped forward and clung to me as she sobbed into my chest.

"Daddy." She sniffled, and I pushed her away slightly and looked down at my daughter.

"What happened? Did Eli hurt you?" I spoke.

"No. I'm so sorry about Mom."

"Catie, don't worry yourself with that. It needed to happen." I replied, as I stepped away and walked into the living room. I sat down on the couch, and leaned back as the football game continued to play on the screen, but it was muted.

"Did she tell you?" My daughter questioned, and I turned and eyed her.

"Tell me what?"

"Did she tell you that she kissed Elliot?!" She exclaimed, and pain filled my body.

"No, she didn't." I spoke, before turning off the TV.

"Don't you want to go and fight about that? Tell her that this all needs to be worked out. Not in a week or so, but now? You didn't forget about the twins, did you? How they are two of the only students in there school that have parents who are together still? Dad, fight if you love Mom!" She cried.

"I love your mother, and I'm not lying to you. But there is just a point in life where you lost all of your fight. And I don't have anymore fight left in me."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment all of your feedback below.