Thirty-Six

Catie's POV

Molly and I were released from the hospital two days after she was born, and when Eli pulled into our driveway, I saw my mother sitting on the front steps drinking tea.

"Are you sure she's okay?" I asked, from where I sat in the backseat next to Molly.

"She's as good as she can get right now. But there is a blonde baby girl that can make her feel better." Eli smiled, and I nodded slowly as I reached over and caressed my daughter's cheek for a moment as Eli got out of the car and walked around to me.

He helped me out of the car before grabbing Molly's carrier. I let him get Molly out and I walked towards my mother. She smiled at me, but I could see the exhaustion on her face.

"Hey, Momma." I spoke, and she nodded.

"Hey, Cat. How was the ride?" She asked, her voice shaky and hoarse.

"It was okay. Molly slept the whole way. Wanna come inside with us and hold her for a bit? I know she already loves you, because she was completely calm when you held her." I spoke, and she shook her head.

"Not right now, Cat. Sorry, but I need to clear my mind for a bit. Uh, the girls are up though. They might want to hold her." She spoke, before she stood and walked towards the back of the house on our wrap around porch. I looked over at Eli as he walked up next to me, and he's eyes showed sadness for this whole crappy situation.

"She's gonna be okay, right? I can't try and take care of the twins again. That week was hard enough as it is. And now... Now we have a baby to think about too." I frowned, and he shrugged.

"We will do what we need to. Go talk to your Mom. I'll take care of Molly and only come get you when she needs to be fed, okay?" He spoke, and I smiled as I leaned over and kissed him softly.

"I love you, and you know that right? I'll never cheat on you because I know there is never anyone better out there." I breathed, and he grinned.

"I'll never cheat on you either." He whispered, before kissing me again and walking up the stairs with our daughter.

///

Olivia's POV

I moved to the back of my daughter's house, and I sat on the swing that was hanging from a large oak tree. This house they got is older than them, but after they fixed it up it became the house that Catie has always dreamed of.

I let the sun shine down on my face, and after about 10 minutes, my lovely daughter ignored my want for space and she came over and leaned against the tree.

"So, I know you wa-"

"Space and pri-" I started after interrupting her, but she continued.

"But I love you and I want to be here for you. I really want to be inside with my baby, but I can tell when you are down. When you are feeling so low that you want to run. I've seen it before, and I do not want to see it get worse." She spoke, and I sighed. I stood up and headed towards the house, hoping to get away from her, but she grabbed my arm and stopped me.

Even though she gave birth two days ago, she was moving quick and still had a good amount of strength.

"Catherine can you please just leave me alone?"

"You never gave up on me." She spoke, and I turned around to look at her.

"What?"

"Even if we didn't talk, or if we were fighting. You were always there. You always had my back and you always loved me. You are the best mom, and frankly parent, we could ask for."

"Your father said that he has never been as excited and happy."

"What?" She whispered.

"He isn't happy when he's with me and us. He's happy with Leah and his son. I think that when we get back to Manhattan, I'm going to file for divorce."

"Okay." She spoke softly, before she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"You are okay with it?" I asked, as I rubbed her back softly.

"If it means you have a chance to be happy, then yes."

///

Eli's POV [2 Months Later]

Many couples complain about their spouse's parents, but in my case I love the extended family I've gotten. It was good that I liked them, because Olivia relocated herself and the twins to DC.

Olivia filed for divorce from David, and decided that Manhattan was not the place to raise her daughters anymore. Having a happy place where they can watch Molly grow up, and to start anew was better for them. It was better for all of us.

"Eli!" Maggie exclaimed, from where she sat in the living room with Mason and Molly. I ran from the kitchen, and then the smell hit me. I groaned.

"You two are 11. Learn to change a diaper." I spoke, before turning and heading towards the kitchen again, but then the front door opened, and my wife and mother in law walked in.

"Catie, Eli is not paying attention to Molly." Mason huffed, and I threw my towel at her as Catie smiled.

She had went back to work on Monday, and Olivia was getting used to taking time off to just be with her family.

"I'll change her diaper. Mason and Maggie can watch and learn." Catie smiled before going into the living room, while Olivia and I went into the kitchen.

"How were the girls today?" She questioned, as I grabbed some plates to sit on the table for dinner.

"Good. Molly is getting so used to having people around her all the time." I replied, and she looked at me and frowned.

"Please don't tell Cat or the girls, but I have to go to Manhattan on Sunday, because Monday the divorce is getting finalized. We have to set up a lot of stuff because the girls are going to be staying here for good."

"He isn't getting any custody?" I asked, and she nodded.

"He didn't want any. He is too focused on Camden and Leah, that we don't even matter. So I'm keeping them in DC with me, and once we find a place nearby, we will be out of your hair." She said, with a nervous laugh at the end. I shook my head and looked behind her for a quick second to see my wife smiling at me.

"You and the twins are welcome here for as long as you need to be. No questions asked. All we want in return is some help with Molly every now and again." I grinned, and she sighed.

"So much like your father." She smiled, before turning and leaving the kitchen.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D