Two

Catie's POV

My mother, who is known for being caring and understanding, was being selfish. She didn't care that you forbade me from marrying the man I love, because she was scared of having her heart broken by a guy who she isn't even with. She was still caught up on a man, even when she is married to another.

I hated her so much, and I don't know how our relationship will be, because she's being a bitch about this. 

Yes, she got her heart broken, but Eli clearly isn't his father. This isn't just a fling. This is different. This is the first relationship I've had, when I've been treated as an equal, and we both give, and we both take. It isn't a one sided relationship.

I went up into my hotel room, and Eli was packing his bags.

"Catie!" He exclaimed, and I walked over to him and we passionately kissed. Tears ran down my cheeks as our lips parted.

"I don't want to break up with you, but she wants me to." I croaked, and he placed his hands on either side of my face, and wiped the tears from my cheeks with the pads of his thumbs.

"Don't then. Lets go home. Lets just pretend this never happened. Our families don't exist. You are my fiance, and they don't matter." He spoke quickly, and in the heat of the moment. But we are both close to our families. We both don't want to be away from our siblings, but our parents at this point are a different story. 

I could take a break from my mother. Eli probably wants a break from his father.

///

David's POV

"Liv, what happened?" I asked, as my wife climbed into our car, and ran her hands over her cheeks.

"She doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, David." She breathed, and I frowned.

"I'm sure that isn't true. She loves you. You're like her best friend." I replied, and she shook her head.

"She's angry at me because I won't let her marry Eli."

"Love, we don't really have a say." I spoke, and she shot her eyes to my face.

"We do have a say! She can't afford the wedding she deserves by herself!" She cried, and I sighed a I pulled out of the parking spot.

We silently drove, and my wife was beyond upset. I could feel her emotions rolling off of her in waves. Each of them destroying the night even more for her.

We got home, and I walked into the apartment, and tossed my keys into the bowl by the door, while my wife just stomped her way into our bedroom, and slammed the door. I jumped slightly, but I knew it was coming. She always slammed doors when she was angry. It was kinda her thing.

I ran my hands over my face, before walking towards the door and opening it slowly.

"Do you still love Elliot?" I asked, and she turned around as she pulled her shirt on.

"What?"

"Do you still love Elliot? Is that why you don't want Catherine to marry Eli?" I asked, and she swallowed hard.

"No." She lied, and I laughed.

"I'm thankful that the twins aren't here because now I'm pissed too." I yelled, and she sighed.

"I love you, David. Why else would I marry you and have three beautiful girls with you?" Olivia asked, and she sounded offended.

"Because Elliot was with Kathy! He was forbidden! You couldn't have him!" I yelled, and she walked towards me, as anger radiated off of her. I saw rage in her brown eyes, but those weren't the brown eyes of my wife. Those are the brown eyes of the woman who has been hurt hundreds of times.

"I loved him for so long. He hurt me in one of the worse ways possible. He used me and left me behind. I can't let Catherine go through that. She's been hurt enough with her previous break ups, and I don't want her to get pregnant or get so attached to Eli, to just have him run away." She choked, and my anger melted away.

I stepped forward and hugged my wife, and I held her as she sobbed, but my anger for Elliot was still fresh, and made me want to beat him senseless for leaving such an amazing woman behind.

///

Kathy's POV

"Eli and Catie are heading back home. They are staying together." Elliot spoke, as he hung up his phone and walked towards me. 

We were sitting in the living room of my house, and we drank beer together. It had been a long night, and we needed to be a united front, even if we weren't together anymore.

"I like her. I just wish that Olivia would like Eli. He's such a sweet boy." I frowned, and Elliot nodded.

"This is all my fault though. If I hadn't hurt Liv, we wouldn't be fighting. We would be helping our kids plan a wedding. I'd have my friend back."

"Yeah, well you sucked at keeping it in your pants. You did cause this."

"Yeah, thanks for agreeing with me, Kath. This is why I loved you once."

"Once is the key word." I smiled, and he rolled his eyes.

"What are we going to do? Just let Liv force them apart?"

"Go make it up to her, El. Go apologize to her for being a dick. Don't let her take the fall for you."

"I can't stop her from telling her daughter what she wants her to do."

"You can talk to her about this. You can tell her that Eli won't hurt Catie like you hurt her. He isn't like you. He is more like me, and less of a dick like you. He knows the right head to think with, not the wrong one." I spoke, and he elbowed me for saying the last part.

Elliot was going to respond, but there was a knock on the front door. He stood up and went to answer it for me.

"You fucking dick." I heard a voice swear, before Elliot fell flat on his back. I stood up quickly and saw David standing there.

"Once he wakes up, tell him that that was for hurting my wife."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D