Twenty-Eight

Olivia's POV

"Hey, why didn't you order yet?" Elliot asked as he walked into the diner he asked me to have lunch with him at. He said he wanted to discuss some things, since he just got back from DC, and saw the kids.

"I was waiting for you. I'm gonna get something that you might like, so once I am full, you'll finish it. Like usual." I smiled, and he rolled his eyes.

We looked over the menus and ordered what we wanted, before Elliot started to talk.

"Kathy and the girls want to throw a baby shower for Catie. When are you free?" Elliot asked, and I frowned.

"I'm not wanted there. I'll send a gift along, but I don't think I should help." I spoke, and he frowned.

"Liv, it's a baby shower for your daughter. Don't you think that she wants you to be there? To celebrate Molly?" Elliot asked, and I looked at him confused.

"Molly?"

"Yeah. They are naming her Molly Bernadette Stabler." Elliot smiled, and I sighed.

"I'm missing out on so much."

"What do you mean? You've been taking care of your family." Elliot frowned.

"David gave me an ultimatum. He said either I go take care of my adult daughter, or I stay and take care of my daughter who had cancer." I frowned.

"I know I don't have a say in your marriage, but he's a dick to try and make you pick. You have three daughters that need you, not just the two that are living at home with you." He huffed, and I nodded slowly.

"I understand that, Elliot. But Maggie is only 11. She's scared and freaking out. I picked Maggie over Catie because Catie is a grown woman, but I hate that I even had to pick. I could've went down to DC and made up with Catie then I could've come back, but I didn't even try to go make up. I just went back into the hospital and ignored anything having to do with my daughter and granddaughter."

///

Catie's POV

About a month and a half after we announced the gender of our baby to Eli's family, his sisters and mother had us come up to have my baby shower. I didn't really want to go, because we had almost everything we needed, but it was important to them and to Eli, because he wanted me to get closer with his family.

We drove up on Friday night and drove straight to Eli's mother's house.

"How are you feeling?" Eli asked, as I let out a noisy yawn.

"I'm tired. Why?"

"Because I didn't know if you wanted to go see your parents..." He trailed off, and I shook my head.

"They don't care about me. I asked Amanda to bring Mason with her tomorrow to my shower, so at least I get to see her. But my parents honestly don't care anymore."

"Maybe you could take the first step." He breathed, and I shook my head as he turned into his mother's driveway, before parking the car. I climbed out and got into the back to grab my bag, but Eli's arms went around me, and he placed a soft kiss to my temple.

"You don't have to be the bigger person. You have been hurt, and you don't deserve how they are treating you. Please know that I will stand by you and love you no matter what."

"Thanks." I whispered.

We walked up the path and Eli opened the front door and called his mother's name. She came to the front door and hugged his both, a large smile on her lips.

"It's so good to see you both again! I can't wait for tomorrow."

///

The next day came around, and I started to grow a little anxious about what may happen today. If my mother may show up and try to talk to me, or if Mason would hate me because I haven't been around.

"Why are you wearing blue?" Eli asked his father, as I walked down the stairs to join in the set up for the shower.

"Because I wanted to wear blue." Elliot grinned, and Eli sighed.

"I know this isn't a gender reveal thing, but you could still support the fact that you are getting another granddaughter." Eli replied, and I sighed.

"Stop tormenting your father, Eli." I grinned, and he laughed.

"The girls are all out back decorating. Wanna join them?" Eli asked me, and I nodded slowly, as I walked towards the back door.

Eli wrapped his arms around me before I could outside, and he turned me around so he could kiss me.

"How are you doing today? You look exhausted." Eli spoke, and I frowned.

"I'm nervous. I just don't want anything bad to happen today."

"Nothing will happen. I don't even know if your mom knows about this." He spoke, but that was a lie. Of course my mother knows about this, because if Mason was coming, she had to get permission from my parents.

///

The party started up, and Eli and I talked to the decent amount of people to show up. Mason was so excited to be included, and I was surprised that she even came. I went out front to get into my car because I left my phone charger in there and it was about to die, so I could take more pictures, when I saw my mother sitting in her car on the side of the road.

I looked between the house and her car, before picking her car for some reason. I walked down the driveway and I crossed the street. She was zoned out ahead of her, so she didn't notice when I knocked on her window.

"Shit." She swore, and I bit my lip as I looked at her.

"What are you doing here?" I mused.

"I was trying to get up the courage to come in and see you, but I can't. I'll leave." She breathed, and I frowned. I walked around and I heard her start up the car, but she was surprised when I opened the passenger side door, and sat next to her.

"Cat-"

"No, Mom. We are going to talk. I need to know why you abandoned me."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D