Forty

Catie's POV

My mother forced the first few meetings between my father and the twins. I always stayed in the nursery with Molly when my Dad came over to spend time with the twins at my house, or when he picked them up. It seemed to be going good, but I couldn't help but feel forgotten. I know that it's my choice to wait this all out, but in the end, I really missed my father and our relationship.

"She's doing really good sitting up." My mother smiled, as she walked into the living room after walking the girls out to my father's car. They've been seeing him for almost three months and a lot has changed.

"Yeah, she's getting really good at a lot of stuff." I whispered, as I reached down and tried to calm the blonde curls that covered Molly's head.

"Are you okay?" My mother asked, and I nodded slowly, but then sighed.

"Does Dad ask about me?" I questioned, and my mother nodded.

"He asks about you all the time."

"Then why doesn't he try to contact me? I haven't blocked his number, and I'm not really busy." I frowned, and she nodded.

"I know you aren't busy, but he's scared. You are hard to make things up to, because we know how crappy we were when you were younger. You felt like if we had another baby, that we'd actually be around and love you. Even after we had the twins, we didn't do a good job making everything up to you." She breathed, as she sat down on the couch next to me, and grabbed my hand.

"I miss having a real dad. I always had dreams of what my life would be as a grown up, and Dad was always a part of them. I wanted him to be an active role in my life forever." I whispered. She reached over and pulled me close after she dropped my hand, and then she rubbed my back gently as Molly squealed and clapped her hands.

"Talk to him tonight, or call him. Give him a shove away from the scared side of things, and help him become confident about the direction of your relationship. Tell him that you want to be apart of his life again."

///

Olivia's POV

After I talked with Catie, I went and got ready for a date. It was the second one this week, but the man I was seeing made me so happy.

As I was getting ready, I walked out into my room to grab a necklace, and the door was shutting. I was confused for a bit, but then I noticed a piece of paper on my nightstand. I grabbed my necklace and put it on before I forgot, then I grabbed the paper.

Mom,

I completely forgot to wish you luck tonight on your date. Eli did say he'd be willing to kick some ass if your date hurts you. Thanks again for the talk. Love you a lot!

Cat

I smiled as I read the note, before sitting it back down. Maybe since her mind is cleared, everything in all of our lives will slow down and go to a place where we can all be happy.

///

"You look beyond stunning." Elliot breathed, as I joined him at the front of the bistro. I smiled as he placed his hands to my waist and brought me into his embrace.

"You shaved." I teased, and he laughed softly, before stealing a small kiss from my lips.

"I always compliment you, and you never compliment me. You only tease." He frowned, and I sighed.

"I'm bad with compliments, but in the end, you look so handsome. Thanks for coming down for yet another date." I spoke, and he nodded before hugging me.

We stood hugging for awhile, but then we parted and walked into the bistro. 

We sat together at a dimly lit booth, and Elliot ate some bread as we waited for the waiter to bring back the wine we ordered.

"So, how is everything on the home front?" Elliot asked, as I took a drink from my water.

"Good. I talked to Catie about maybe having her take the first step towards repairing her relationship with her father. The girls are really enjoying getting to know Camden, not Leah though. I have some cute videos of Molly if you end up wanting to see those." I smiled, and he chuckled.

"I'm watching Molly tomorrow for Eli and Catie." He spoke, and I bit my lip as the waiter poured wine into our glasses. Once he walked away, I looked at Elliot.

"I'm going to a conference on the rape backlogs. I'm trying to stay in the loop in case I decide to go back to being a detective. Maybe once I'm done, I can help..." I trailed off, and he nodded.

"I was hoping you'd bring that up. I love spending time with you, and when I can spend a lot of time with you, it gives me a fix until we can see each other again." He spoke, and I smiled. I reached across the table and grabbed his hand, before intertwining our fingers together.

///

Elliot's POV

Olivia and I sat on Catie and Eli's back patio as the night slowly came to an end. The date was amazing, but I didn't expect anything different because Olivia is the most amazing woman I've ever been with.

"You know, I love you." Olivia spoke, but then she quickly turned her head and looked at the house.

"You what?" I asked, as I sat my mug down.

"You heard me, Stabler." She replied, and I smiled softly, before reached over and ran my hand over her shoulder blades.

"I love you too, Liv. And I promise to do right by you now. I'm not going to be a man whore anymore. I'm just going to be the best damn boyfriend you can ask for." I smiled, and she nodded.

"Good. So uh, are we a thing? Or are we just casually dating each other?" She questioned, and I moved a little closer to her, before placing a hand to her cheek that was warm from her embarrassment.

"Oh, we are a thing." I smirked, before leaning in and pressing my lips passionately against her's. She wrapped her arms around my body and continued to deepen it.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D