Forty-Eight

Kathy's POV

"It's so good to see you three." I smiled, as I opened the front door to my house. I reached out and picked up Molly and covered her face in kisses as I walked into my house.

"Grandma! I've missed you!" Molly exclaimed, as her parents chuckled softly.

"I've missed you too. I take it that you are happy to be visiting me." I smiled, and Molly nodded quickly.

"Mommy and Daddy have something to tell you also!" Molly exclaimed, as she hugged my neck. I looked at my son and his wife, and swallowed hard. I was praying that they weren't telling me that Olivia and Elliot are getting married.

I sat my granddaughter down, and watched as she ran over to the toy box. I looked back at my son, and he smiled softly as he handed me a small envelope.

"We got some news the other day." Eli spoke, and I took the envelope into my hand and swallowed hard as I opened it slowly.

"Molly, did your Mommy and Daddy already tell you what they are telling me?" I asked, and my granddaughter nodded.

"You'll be happy, Grandma! Trust me!" She grinned, before she turned back to the toys.

I pulled the glossy piece of paper from the envelope and smiled largely.

"You're pregnant?" I asked Catie, and she nodded.

"Yeah, it's a surprise, but I'm getting used to it now." Catie smiled awkwardly. I hadn't talked to her since Eli and her got into a fight. I told her how I felt about her, and I wasn't that fond of her.

"I can't wait to get another grandchild. Congrats." I spoke, before hugging my son. I turned from him, ignoring Catie in the process, and I walked over and knelt down next to Molly.

"Look at how awesome this is!" I smiled, and she giggled as she touched the picture.

"I get to be a big sister, Grandma! Isn't that cool?!"

///

Having my son and granddaughter here was great, but having Catie here was awkward. I liked her before, but after what happened between her and Eli relating to their parents left me with a sour taste in my mouth for her.

"Alright, Molly wants to go find a teddy bear at the same store we got her teddy bear, for the baby." Eli spoke, as he sat Molly down on a bar stool and started to pull her curls back into pig tails.

"Is Catie going?" I asked, as I finished dishes from breakfast, one that Catie didn't even bother coming down for.

"No. She's not feeling well. So I left her in bed with some ginger ale and crackers." Eli spoke, and I nodded slowly.

"Okay." I sighed softly. I walked over and wiped Molly's face off while Eli grabbed her shoes and jacket.

"Mom, you don't have to talk to her if you don't want to. Just listen out for her, that is all I'm asking." Eli spoke, and I frowned but nodded slowly.

///

Catie's POV

I walked downstairs about an hour after my husband left, so I could make myself some tea to help settle my stomach. As I walked towards the kitchen, I heard Kathy talking to Maureen over FaceTime.

"I just can't stand her anymore. She has a big mouth like her mother and I wouldn't be surprised if she sleeps with another man and ruins her marriage and his also." Kathy huffed, and I bit my lip as I leaned against the wall.

"Mom, I know you are still angry at her, but she's Eli's wife. You gotta get over it." Maureen frowned.

"How can I get over it?! She and Eli aren't meant to be-"

"Mom, they have Molly and there is another baby coming soon! I think that that makes them meant for each other. Have you noticed how happy she makes Eli? Because while you are being selfish and thinking about your own feelings, you aren't thinking about how you hating on Catie is making Eli and her feel." Maureen huffed, before ending the call.

Maureen has always had my back, and I'm surprised that she doesn't hate me like her mother does.

"I don't care how she feels." Kathy huffed, as she picked up her laptop and turned to leave the room. She saw me standing there, tears in my eyes.

"Where you spying on me?" Kathy spat, and I swallowed hard.

"I'm sorry for making you mad. But I won't apologize for my mother and her love for Elliot." I spoke, tearfully. She moved past me, and I knew that Kathy would never like me again. I just hope that she doesn't start to take this out on Molly because she doesn't deserve to be hated like I am.

///

We were planning on staying here for a week, so Molly can get to know her grandmother, aunts, uncles, and cousins. But after what I heard Kathy say, I don't think I want to stay any longer.

"Catie, I brought home dinner! Wanna come eat?" Eli called, from downstairs.

"One moment!" I called back. I climbed off the bed and headed towards the stairs.

When I reached the living room, Kathy was sitting at the coffee table with Eli and Molly, eating Chinese food. Molly absolutely loves when we get Chinese food for dinner, so she must've been the one to talk Eli into it.

"Hey. Did you get the bear you wanted for the baby, Molly?" I asked quietly, as I walked towards the table. I sank down onto the floor next to Eli, as my daughter started to talk.

"Yeah! But Daddy wouldn't let me get a pink one." She huffed, as she crossed her arms over her chest. I smiled softly at her, but then my smile disappeared as Kathy glared at me.

"Eli, I think I'm going back to DC tomorrow morning. I'm going to catch the train." I spoke, and my husband sat the container he was eating out of down, before looking at me.

"Why? I thought you were excited to be here?" He asked, and I nodded.

"I am, I just want to go home. I should help with the house, and I miss the twins." I spoke awkwardly.

"You should be near your doctor anyway." Kathy spoke, as she handed Molly another piece of chicken.

"Can I come with you, Mommy?" Molly asked, and I shook my head as I stood up.

"No, I think you can stay here with Daddy. You can see all of your family. I'll talk to you every night till you come home." I spoke, before walking over and picking her up. I kissed her curls gently, before sitting her back down and heading into the kitchen. 

I poured some ginger ale into a cup, and sipped it as Eli came into the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" He asked, and I nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just want to go home." I spoke quietly.

"What did my Mom say to you when I was gone?" He asked, and I didn't want to say something and have him hate her.

"Nothing. She was great to me while you were gone. I'm going up to sleep. I don't think I can eat what you got for dinner. Wake me up when you are done so I can give Molly her bath." I spoke, before kissing him softly and heading out of the kitchen.

Kathy glared at me again, and I looked at her and sighed quietly.

"I didn't tell him a thing." I whispered, before escaping up the stairs.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D