Forty-Three

Eli's POV

I was so beyond angry at my wife for just blurting out something my father wanted to tell Olivia. He had a plan to make it special, to make the offer for Olivia and the twins to move in with him, in a way that she couldn't say no. But now everything is ruined, and here is where the fact that I'm close with my Dad and Catie is close with her mother comes into play. So does taking sides.

"Where's your father?" My mother asked, as I walked into the house after hanging up on my wife.

"He left. What was he supposed to bring?" I asked, as I slipped my jacket off and hung it up on the coat rack.

"Nothing. Just himself." My mother frowned, as she turned and went back into the kitchen. I knew she was upset about my father and Olivia being together, or whatever they are, because she still loves my father even if she won't admit it. But she wants him to be happy, and he kinda is.

"Mom, I'll call him. See if he'll come back." I spoke, as I walked into the kitchen. My older sisters stood doing random tasks, and all four of them, including Dickie's wife Alicia, turned to look at me.

My mother turned around from the stove as tears welled in her eyes.

"He keeps getting hurt by Olivia. I know that she is the reason why he left." She spoke, as she ran her hands over her pants.

"How do you know?" I asked, and she sighed.

"Catie called because you hang up on her. I just don't understand anymore." She huffed, before she walked past Maureen and walked out the back door.

I frowned as I watched her walk towards the old swing set as she started to cry. My line of vision was blocked when Maureen came and walked in front of me.

"What happened?" She asked, as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Dad was planning on asking Olivia to move in with him when he moves to DC. Catie ruined the surprise and it spooked Olivia." I sighed, and as I walked towards the back door to talk to my mother, the girls started to talk.

"He's just leaving Manhattan to be with her? What about us?" Lizzie asked, and that just got me. I turned and walked through the living room instead and went out the front door towards my car.

I have to go talk to my father about this.

///

Elliot's POV

I kept calling Olivia as I drove back to my apartment, but she didn't pick up. It got to the point where I wasn't sure if she blocked my number or not. I wouldn't be surprised if she had, because I really fucked up this time. 

I guess she just doesn't think she deserves the love and devotion that I'm willing to give her.

"Hey, babe. It's me again. Elliot. I really need you to pick up so I can make sure you are okay. I love you, and I'll call my realtor and stop the deal. We can just do this dating thing from a distance. Once you are ready, we can figure this all out. Please just call me back, okay? I love you, Liv. Always. No matter what." I spoke, before hanging up.

I threw my phone into the passenger seat before pulling into my spot on the side of the road. I parked before getting out and heading into the apartment. As I was unlocking the door, I heard my name yelled. I turned around to see Eli, and I was surprised to see that he made it here at the same time I did, but maybe it was because I stopped for whiskey on the way.

"Eli, what are you doing?" I asked, and he sighed as he jogged up to me.

"Everything is just so screwed up right now. Mom was crying because she found out you were going to ask Liv to move in with you, and then Liz and the others are wondering why you'd move down to DC and be near us, but not be near them. I just don't know if what is happening should continue happening." My son spoke, and I frowned deeply.

"Eli, I'm moving down there, or I was, because I want to be with Liv. I love her so much, but I can't do what I want to do because she's fragile. She could be scared away within a matter of seconds if I say something wrong."

"So you are giving up because my wife said something stupid?"

"What?" I asked, as I walked towards him.

"Catie told Olivia about your plan to relocate to be with her..." Eli trailed off, and I frowned.

"I should've knew that Catie was going to be an issue. She and Olivia tell each other everything. Shit." I swore, before going to my car.

"Where are you going?!" Eli exclaimed, and I sighed.

"I'm going to DC to see Liv."

///

Olivia's POV

I couldn't think, nor could I really breath. When I get like this, when I'm worrying about everything, no one can really help me. I haven't had a panic attack like this one in so long, that I even forgot how it felt.

I sat in the corner of my bedroom, as tears ran down my cheeks and my body shook.

"Mom, I have to go and get some more diapers for Molly. Wanna come?" Catie asked through my closed door.

I didn't answer because I had my hand clamped over my mouth so I'd stay quiet. She didn't walk away though.

"Mom." Catie whispered, as soon as she opened the door and saw me sitting in the corner.

"Leave me alone, Catie! Just go away!" I screamed, and that's when I saw Molly standing in the doorway, her eyes wide from my sudden scream.

I quickly stood up and walked towards the door.

"Molly, please don't be scared. I'm okay." I whispered, but then Catie spoke.

"Mom, you aren't okay. What happened?" Catie asked, as she turned and looked at me.

"Nothing. Everything is perfectly fine, right Molly?" I questioned, and Catie sighed as I picked up her daughter.

"I started this all. God, I'm so stupid." Catie groaned, as she walked out of the room.

I quickly followed, and I found her putting some clothes into a bag.

"Catie?" I questioned, and she frowned.

"I'm going to Manhattan to fix this. I'm so sorry for causing this, Mom. Wanna come?" She asked, and I shook my head.

"I'll stay here with Molly." I whispered, and she frowned.

"You love Elliot and it scares you. You gave everything to my father, to only have him hurt you. But forget that. Focus on what you love about Elliot, and how much he loves and cares for you."

"I'll go get some stuff around for Molly."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D