Chapter 15

Gabriella's POV

Gabby watched as her family and friends were swept away by all familiar light used for light-leaping, except this time, she had wasn't with them. This isn't fair, she thought.

But it actually was fair. She was the one that had kept her ability a secret for these past years. She turned to her father, Fitz. "Daddy?" she said in a small voice. She usually called him 'Dad'.

Fitz turned to her in surprise. He had been cooing at baby Ean, seemingly absorbed with the task of rocking the blonde- haired baby. "Yes, Gabby?"

"I need to tell you something important," she told him, slightly nervous. The only people she had told were her brother and her mother, as well as a random gnome she had become friends with. 

"Something important?" He glanced at Sophie, who was talking with Mather and Meira while trying to keep Gracelynn quiet.

"Yes. I've been keeping a secret from you...." she glanced at Mather and Meira, unsure on whether or not she wanted them to hear the news at the moment. Telling all three of them would be a big step. "And I would like to speak with you alone." The eight-year-old had a solemn look on her face, which Fitz must have taken seriously because he interrupted the meeting between the three other adults.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I need to talk to Gabriella privately. Can one of you watch Ean for me?"

"Of course I can," Sophie rolled her eyes slightly. "He's my child too."

Fitz chuckled, giving her a kiss on the cheek and turning back to Gabby. "Ok. Where would you like to go?"

Gabby took his hand and pulled him to her bedroom. "Let's sit on my bed," she said professionally, climbing onto her bed and patting the spot next to her. She was trying to stay calm, hoping that her father wouldn't get upset with her for keeping the secret for so long.

Fitz sat next to her on the soft blanket that was laying on the bed, looking at her expectantly. "What is it?" He seemed slightly nervous, which made Gabby feel bad.

"Nothing bad," she told him quickly. "I just need to tell you that..." she glanced over at the door to make sure it was closed. "I manifested. As a Telepath. About 2 or 3 years ago..."

Fitz stared at Gabby for so long that she started to think he hadn't heard her. Finally, though, he said, "Well, that's great."

Gabby blinked. "It is? You aren't mad at me for keeping it a secret?"

Fitz nodded. "Of course I'm not mad. I just wish you would have told me sooner. Does anyone else know?"

"Mom and Leo do..."

Fitz nodded slightly. "And I'm sure they've been helping you control it. We all can if you are willing to share this with everyone else."

She squirmed in her seat. "I-I'm not sure... I just don't want it to be a big deal. I know abilities are important.... but I don't want to change how everyone looks at me."

Fitz's gaze softened at her words. "Don't worry. I promise that the only thing that will change is your training. We won't treat you any differently, and I'll make sure of it. There's no reason to worry, Gabby."

Gabby smiled slightly at the familiar words. Her grandfather Alden had spoken them many times. 

For example, there was on time she in which she had been practicing her telekinesis with Leo, and they had somehow ended up knocking down the fountain in the hallway of Everglen. 

The thing was not as heavy as it looked. 

After starting to cry- she was five at the time- Alden had taken her hands in his and gave her smile, telling her there was "no reason to worry". The gnomes would clean it up in no time.

She smiled more as her father kissed her forehead. 

"Now why don't we go out and tell Mather and Meira, huh?" Fitz suggested, standing up. "We can start your training and you can learn how to do some awesome things!"

"Like what?" She asked, starting to get excited. Leo hadn't taught her much- only how to transmit and read minds, as well as tracking thoughts.

Fitz started telling her all the things that her mind could do and how fun everything would be when an alarm went off.

She froze. What could be wrong?

A/N: Ok. I know it was a little shorter than I had hoped and didn't tell much, but at least Fitz knows about Gabby's ability! I hope you liked this, and I promise that I will try harder to stay on schedule with updates. 

If you didn't see, I created a schedule for updates, which is in my newest artbook. 

Let me know how you liked this and let me know what you think will happen!