Chapter 6

"Children!" Sophie shouted. "It's time to wake up."

Their vacation had ended the day before and Fitz still hadn't said anything about the "thing".

Her children groaned but got up slowly. Finally, they were ready and they went to their first lesson. 

Sophie was taking a break from teaching, but she was tutoring Gabby. Gabby still hadn't manifested, which wasn't strange for everyone else but was strange for her kids.

Fitz was also taking a break. He helped Lizzy and Leo with their telepathy and linguistics because he had received a 100 in those classes all the time. Sophie helped Lizzy with her inflicting. Leo hadn't manifested that ability yet. Fitz thinks he will manifest as a Vanisher because his family had Vanishers.

"Hey Soph," Fitz greeted, sitting beside her and kissing her on the cheek. He had just finished helping Meira with something. Sophie was disgusted by her name and hardly spoke to her anymore, causing Meira to be confused.

"Hi, Fitz," Sophie answered, giving a small smile. He hadn't noticed her strange behavior yet. But maybe that was because he was distracted from something else. You know who.

"What are we gonna do today?" Fitz asked, snuggling closer to her.

"I don't know," Sophie answered, giggling. She still loved Fitz and he was definitely lovable.

"Maybe we could...you know," he said, wiggling his eyebrows. Sophie rolled her eyes and scooted away.

"I'm sorry, but no. Don't you think you had enough of that during vacation?" This was getting annoying. What was his problem?

"Sophie! I'm sorry," he said, pouting. This definitely wasn't his normal behavior. 

She got up and walked out of the room, down the hall. She heard Meira teaching the class. Sophie kept walking and stopped by the room that held the Leapmaster.

"Magihold," she yelled. She would visit Dex and Marella.

At Dex's, she walked up to the door and was about to knock, but she heard yelling.

"I love you, but you can't keep doing this!" A voice said. It was Marella.

"I'm sorry, but I can go wherever I want. You don't have to act like my mom!" Another voice answered. Dex.

"Whatever. I'm done with you. I'll be at Jensi's if you need me." The door flew open and Sophie got hit in the face.

Her hand immediately went to her nose and Marella ran to her. "Oh! Sophie! I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were there." She ran inside to get an elixer that would help, while Dex walked to the door.

"Hi, Soph-" He started. "Woah. Are you ok?" Sophie nodded. Marella hit the door in my face, she transmitted. It hurt too much to talk.

"Here Sophie," Marella said, coming out. She handed her the elixer and Sophie's nose felt better almost automatically after taking it. Then, with a hug and goodbye, Marella left.

Dex and Sophie walked inside. Dex was smiling. He still had his awesome dimples.

"What are you smiling about?" Sophie asked, even though she was smiling too. It was good to see her best friend.

"I'm just glad to see you. We haven't talked for a while." 

Sophie rolled her eyes. He was overreacting. She saw him two days ago. 

"So, what's new?" Dex asked. 

Sophie shrugged.

"Fitz has been acting really weird."

"I know how that can be. I'm guessing you heard Marella?" 

Sophie nodded. 

"Well, I keep leaving to go somewhere for a long time, and she freaks out because I don't tell her."

"Well, if Fitz left without me knowing, I'd freak too. Which reminds me..." Sophie said, getting up to tell Fitz where she was. "Hi, Fitz!" Sophie said when he answered.

"Where are you?!" He commanded.

"I'm at Magihold. Sorry for not telling you." He's the one that should be apologizing, she thought.

"That's alright. See you later!"

The Imparter flashed off and she went inside. Dex was sitting there with custard bursts and lushberry juice. Luckily, no Fizzle Juice. She sort of had bad luck with that. (Technically, now that I realized this, it should be FIzzleberry wine, but I guess I didn't do research in the first book? Maybe I explained it there. I'm not sure. Let me know)

After talking and eating, Sophie got up and hugged Dex. "It was nice seeing you. I hope everything will turn out alright with you and Marella." 

He smiled without his dimples and nodded. 

She waved goodbye and she went home to the Black Swan.

"Hi, Fitz!" Sophie said. He ran to her and hugged her. She suddenly didn't feel good and pushed him away. She ran to the bathroom and threw up. "I think I should go see Elwin. I've thrown up twice in two weeks." 

Fitz nodded and they left to see Elwin.

"Sophie!" Elwin cheered like a little kid when they got there. He hugged her and twirled her around. "Fitz," he said to Fitz, smiling and hugging him.

"What brought you here?" He asked after the "reunion".

"I've thrown up twice in two weeks."

Elwin frowned and said, "Let's have a look." He flashed different colored orbs around her face and finally said, "I don't know. I'll have to put the data into the system and then I will call you." (What system, past Ashlyn? What were you thinking?)

That worried her because Elwin always knew. After a goodbye and hugs, Fitz and Sophie left.

"What do you think is wrong?" Fitz asked, his voice sounding worried.

"I have no idea. But I'm worried. Elwin always knows."

They walked to their room and cuddled, talking about life.

Soon, it was dinner time and the kids were coming. As everyone started eating, Sophie's Imparter started ringing.

It was Elwin.

"Hello, Sophie. I wanted to tell you that I didn't know what was wrong with you because I was looking in the wrong place. Sophie, you're pregnant."

A/N I tried making it long and I am so sorry for not updating earlier. And sorry if everything is confusing. I'll answer your questions if you have any. Can you believe she is pregnant again!? Doesn't she have enough kids? well, I hope you liked this.

Edit: This chapter was rough. Holy glitter poop. 

Oof. I'm trying to think of some kind of phrase that doesn't include "God" or a bad word and is connected to KOTLC. Let me know what you guys think XD