Chapter 5

"Mather!" Sophie said over and over. "What is it?" 

He still couldn't talk. He shook his head and the Imparter flashed off. 

A few seconds later, the doorbell rang and Sophie heard Grady talking.

"Oh! Hello, Mather. I thought you were with Fitz."

Mather cleared his throat and said, "Yes. But I have to speak to Sophie about something. I couldn't call her to tell her. I had to tell her in person."

She heard footsteps and then saw Mather walking towards her, the petals in the carpet flying all over.

"Mather, please tell me," Sophie begged.

He cleared his throat and said, "Fitz is having an affair with Meira." (Oh my. I do not remember this.)

Sophie froze. Fitz is cheating on me? She thought.

"He's cheating on me?" She asked aloud.

"Yes. And Meira is cheating on me."

Sophie sat still. 

Mather leaned closer to whisper in her ear. "They don't know that we know. So don't tell anyone and act normal around him. Okay?" (They won't know, what we know- sorry, Hamilton reference)

She nodded slowly. This would be hard.

She suddenly felt nauseous and ran to the bathroom. She came back and Mather had a worried look on his face. 

"I'm sure it is just a virus." He said. He started to leave but Sophie stopped him.

"Wait... How will we live with this?"

"The thing is, we can't. And they won't either. The guilt will bother them so much that eventually, they will tell us." With that, he left, leaving Sophie alone in her old bedroom.

A few minutes later, Gabby came running in. "I saw Mathee!" She said. Mathee is her nickname for him. 

Sophie gave a small smile and said, "Me, too." Then, she came up with an idea. "Do you want me to show you how to play a game?"

Gabby's face lit up and she said, "Yes!" 

Sophie told her to get her brother and sister, and Jackson and Isaac. 

A few minutes later, a group of excited kids came. They all loved learning new things. They were raised that way.

"Ok, everyone. I'm going to teach you how to play a game called Base Quest. I played it when I was Leo and Lizzy's age." She explained the rules and they called Logan because they had an uneven number of people.

Maybe this would distract Sophie from all the drama in her life.

A/N I will update today if I have time. I hope you liked this. And don't be mad at me or Fitz!