Chapter 7

Woah. I was not expecting that, Sophie thought. She hung up on Elwin and walked back to the dining room.

She sat down, acting like nothing was wrong. 

Fitz kept talking, but transmitted to Sophie, What is it?

I- I'm pregnant.

Fitz stopped talking and everyone turned to him. 

"What is it Dad?" Lizzy asked, confused.

"Uh...sorry. Let me continue," he answered, staring at Sophie. "As I was saying, Councillor Kenric pushed us out of the way, saving your mother, Councillor Oralie, who he obviously was in love with, and I. I think fell in love with your mother at that moment," he whispered the last part quietly. "Your mother pulled Oralie and I towards a hole in the wall and we jumped. She teleported us to safety and we helped get everything for the frissyn and later, we found out Kenric had died saving us. I hate fire now."

Sophie cried inside but had a small smile on her face for her kids. Kenric is- was- her favorite councillor and she didn't get to know him too well. And of course, he had saved her life. Fitz's too.

She didn't know that Fitz had fallen in love with her at that moment. She thought he fell in love with her sooner. But it made sense. (Woah. Sophie, conceited much?)

Then she realized something. He was in love with her. He loved her. Not Meira. Maybe that affair was some kind of mid-life crisis or something (That probably doesn't exist for elves? Maybe it could, but it wouldn't really be mid-life). He loved her. She had three, now almost four, kids with him.

Life truly was amazing.

After dinner, Gabby and Leo ran off to play. Lizzy went to practice her mimicking with her friends.

Sophie talked to Fitz. He seemed antsy. "I can't believe I'm pregnant again." She said.

"Sophie, I have something to say," he blurted out. "I cheated on you with Meira."

Sophie nodded, a smug look on her face. "I know."

"You know? How?"

She tapped her head and said, "Telepath." 

He stared at her. 

She giggled and said, "Nah. Mather found out when it happened. He told me right away."

Fitz hugged her and said, "I'm sorry. Maybe that's why I've been acting weird."

"You haven't been acting weird," Sophie said sarcastically. 

He apologized again and kissed her on the cheek. "I'm going to go to sleep. You should go talk to Meira." With that, he laid down and closed his teal eyes. 

Sophie squeezed his hand and got up. She was going to talk to her friend.

After talking to Meira, who actually got down on her knees and apologized, they talked for a bit. Meira congratulated her for the pregnancy and then Sophie put the kids to bed.

Sophie had worried too much today. She was going to have another kid, she wasn't sick, and she had a husband that loved her. She laid down next to Fitz, snuggling close, and fell asleep with a smile on her face.