Chapter 51

"This is crazy! Why am I even here? I just hosted the party!" Chloe screeched. Dramatically acted like a victim. God I really hate her acting skills. It's too scripted but it seemed like almost everyone's getting fooled, buying it.

"Ms. McKinley would you just please tell the truth so we can all settle this and move on?" Mr. Dawson asked for the third time, rubbing his temples as he leaned back from his seat.

Unlike any other teachers and school staffs, Mr. Dawson was never a fan of Chloe's attitude inside school premises.

"No. I. Did. Not. Do. Anything." Chloe continued to lie, speaking in a very intimidating way as she leaned over, her palms rested on the edge of Mr. Dawson's desk. Like it helps, she still looked like a liar to me.

"Calm down, Chloe." Christian told his twin.

Chloe and Christian were like Yin and Yang. Of course Chloe is the Yin, the negative and dark one while Christian is the Yang, the positive and bright one but no matter how seemingly they are contrary to each other, they are still interconnected and interdependent by nature.

Suddenly, Stacey fished out her phone from her bag and a record was being played.

'I'll have her pay for this shit. No one messes with me.' That was probably Chloe's voice.

'What are you planning to do?' A girl was talking to her, most likely the voice of Gisele and I heard two or three more girls laughing at the background.

It's a voice record of a group call, probably the conference call group they have when they wanted to gossip about someone. I remembered Emily told me about it. She was also a part of it but she left afterwards, telling me it was a total bull.

'Well it's a good thing that hobbit Ash took a photo of precious Jade and that manwhore Ryder kissing.' Chloe said.

Hearing her own voice, Chloe panicked and whispered 'no' while her brother held her tight for her not to be able to go near Stacey who was seating in front of her with apologetic eyes.

'Oh, you're not thinking what I'm thinking right?' I remembered the irritating voice, it's Thea.

'Oh girl, I'm exactly thinking what you're thinking. I let Ash print many copies of the photo and let him post it all over the school walls.' Chloe laughed.

'Don't you think that ugly braced face guy will talk? What about Emi?' Another girl asked, no doubt a member of The cheerleading squad.

'Who? Ash? No he won't. He thinks I'm going on a date with him if he does what I tell him. And who cares about that pathetic goth girl?' Chloe scoffed.

Ash looked at Chloe with hurt in his eyes. Chloe was irritated but the fact that seeing Ash face frowned and showed pain, she managed to smirk.

'Pathetic goth girl. Right. But you wouldn't right date him right?' Thea's voice was irksome as ever.

'Of course not. Like ewww!' Chloe's voice indicates disgust. Poor Ash hearing the conversation.

"You fucking recorded that you backstabbing bitch!" Chloe  said once the record ended. She was about to pounce Stacey when she made off her brother's grip but Matty automatically jumped in between.

"I'm sorry, Chloe. But what you did was wrong." Stacey apologised from her seat, looking at Chloe intently as she raked her fingers through her hair, shooting her head at the dilemma.

What Stacey did made herself someone who people should look up to. Yes, she did sold her friends out but she did also had the courage to stood up against her friends and do the right thing. What her so called friends did were wrong. Maybe she just did it to save own skin but still it was better than say and do nothing.