Chapter 33

I could not believe my eyes. For a brief moment I thought I was dreaming or hallucinating when a beautiful young woman revealed herself, smiling happily to me.

"Claire?" I said as I looked at her with my glassy blue eyes.

I don't even knew why I felt like crying. I thought it's overdramatic but seeing someone close to you for the first time in years made me.

"Hey, Jade!" She dived in for an embrace which I happily reciprocated, "I missed you." She said, almost a whisper.

"I missed you so much! When did you get back? Welcome home." I smiled as I looked at Dylan who was smiling behind his older sister.

"This morning. Thank you!"

"This morning." I repeated Claire's word and I gave Dylan a look who just shrugged. I knew he knew what that look meant. He never mentioned anything. I could have bought a welcoming present or something.

"How are you? Oh my gosh. I never thought you'll end up with this moron. I never thought your taste for men was so bad." She pulled away and looked at Dylan who was shaking his head in disbelief.

"Hey! I'm here you know?" Dylan argued, pouting before he completely closed the door behind us as we entered.

I laughed at his sister's comment.

"Really, I thought you like someone more like Zac Efron or Channing Tatum." Claire continued teasing her brother.

"Am I your brother?" Dylan protested and cursed under his breath.

"Yeah. I thought so." I said the same time Dylan protested and smiled, shaking my head as I follow Claire led way to the dinning area. Before I could took another step, I was pulled back by Dylan who was behind me.

"How come my sister gets a hug and I don't?" His hand still on my arm, gripping it gently.

"Uhh, because your a moron? And my taste for men's bad?" I said but I couldn't help myself but to laugh when he tried to look mad but obviously failed since he looked more like an angry puppy. Angry but cute.

"I'm just kidding." I tried hugging him but he dodged by taking a big step backwards. My jaw dropped on the floor.

"You'll have to earn it." He winked, flipping his invisible long hair and passed by me but waited until the archway to their dinning area.

When we entered the dinning area, to my surprise, I elbowed Dylan on his rib secretly when I discovered that it wasn't just Claire who were home but both of Dylan's parents as well.

All along I thought it was just me and his little brother who would be eating dinner together. He just laughed at my sudden reaction.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Sky. T-thank you for having me tonight for dinner." My heart was threatening to burst forth from my ribcage since I was not prepared and I even looked a mess after a long and tiring day.

"Oh please, just Allie. I always know you two would end up together." Mrs. Sky said as she gestured for us to take our seats while she continued serving the foods, "I hope roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and lasagna would be enough."

I had always called them by their last name ever since. Jace does the same. Our father said that it would be better to call them that way. Business purposes, I guess.