Chapter 18

It's a Saturday so Dad was home. Another mantra was chanted over and over again inside my head telling me to keep my cool for lunch. I skipped breakfast since I slept late last night from watching Netflix and eating alone all the garlic breads I bought until almost dawn.

Keep your cool. You promised. Keep calm! Keep your cool, keep calm and think that you are inside a chiller. You promised to be better! Keep cool — keep your cool!

They were already eating when I climbed downstairs.

"Hey, sorry I skipped breakfast. I overslept again." I apologized and took my seat, "Jace already left?" I added.

"Yes. He was in a hurry. I don't even have the chance to ask him." Dad said slowly while chewing down the food on his mouth. I frowned.

He might gone out for a date.

"Too bad, I thought I could go out with him today." I took a bite off my dipped-fried chicken leg.

The aura at home when we are all at the same room was entirely awkward for me aside from those cute little blabbering Alec does — the only thing I find amusing since I got back home.

After eating lunch, I brought Alec with me and head back my room. I played with him. I held him on my lap and gently uncurled his fingers as I sang. I repeated the song for a couple of times until he started giggling from the excited anticipation of the tickle at the end of the song. I tried to draw him with a graphite pencil but I couldn't finish it.. he's so frisky and like a kitten that moves from time to time. We stopped playing when Lucy knocked at my door and asked for Alec. She said that Alec needs to take his nap already.

As much as I like to paint a new one after I finished my Mondrian styled painting the last time at home, it was still really felt awkward to me breathing close to Lucy, I decided to go outside alone. I texted Matthew to hang out with me but he said he was on a date with Stacey again. Malia and Kira wanted me to go shopping with them but I refused. I really don't like going on shopping so they invited Emily instead.

I ended up renting a bicycle three blocks away from home for a day and strolled around the park near school. The fresh calming air that touched my face as I glide through the empty pavements and the fade cheers of the children running and flying kites made me so relaxed.

"What now?" I tried pushing forward and flooring down harder the bicycle's pedal on which I thought first was just stuck but when I turned and bend over to take a look at the tires, I saw a pair of black converse. I looked up and my eyes landed on Dylan's face laughing silently like an idiot with a skate board on one hand and the other pulling the tail of the bicycle so I could not move forward. I cursed under my breath.

"Language, cupcake." Dylan smirked.

"Let go, Sky." I stepped off the bicycle.

"Rude much?"

"Go on bother some blonde chic on red mini dress." I rolled my eyes.

"You saw her yesterday?"

"Yeah, quite flashy to go unnoticed." I scoffed

"So why didn't you came by and say hello?"

"Why would I? I don't want to get on whatever you guys are planning to do."

"What are you talking about, Jade? That was Gina!"