Chapter 5

"We'll celebrate it together." He said but this time he looked at me.

"Celebrate together?" I repeated, frowning.

"Yes! We'll celebrate our birthday together. Would you like me to repeat again, buttercup?" He seemed fired up as he said it all over again.

"No." I shook my head. "But what makes you think that I want to spend my birthday with you, Mr. Sky?" I added.

"Ouch." He said as he put his right hand on his chest and looked at me like a lost puppy.

He always looked funny and cute in some way when he does that puppy look of him. I did not keen what got into his mind when he said that but it made me felt like floating on cloud nine, a refreshing feeling caught me up.

Maybe he was up to something or just wanted to make fun of me.

"You're funny, Dylan." I chuckled humorlessly.

"Have you made any plans for your birthday yet?" He asked.

"No." I simply replied not even bothering to look at him.

"Then we celebrate it together, Crowell." He twisted his upper body to my direction to have a better view.

Calling me by my last name only happens once in a blue moon, like centuries have passed, kept it asleep but was sudden awoken for what seemed like something foreign. He only spoke the word whenever he was serious. I, being stubborn did not want to believe and convinced myself that maybe he desperately wants me to fall on his trap or something.

"What? Your friends rejected your invitation so you're planning to celebrate it with me instead?" I teased as I rested my right elbow on the backrest of the bench and my right palm cupping my chin and the right side of my cheek.

"No, I have no plans of inviting them. I just want to spend the whole day with you, neighbor." He mimicked my position entirely.

He sure does have a lot of nicknames for me.

Our eyes were equal. Our proximity were so close that I felt the warmth of his breath unto my face. My orbs saw clearly his brown ones. For a second, I wanted to stop the time to study and stare at his beautiful face.

I did stared at him and as much as I wanted to stop his thick brows, sparkling eyes, refined jaw, dimples in his cheeks and the welcoming rosy lips that you might thought been tinged by a lip gloss was just so perfect for my sight and was so magnetic. Never in my mind had I ever wondered that this guy one perfect guy would stare back at me. For sixteen years in my life, I haven't got the chance to get lost in this rich golden brown world of bewilderedness but splendid.

I suddenly woke up from my daydream and found myself being into him for a second. As much as I would like to deny it, myself clearly agreed that in a split-second I insensibly liked what I felt getting lost in his eyes and although I promised myself to never undergo such passive experience relating to a type of guy like him, an unworthy one for such worthy feelings.

I immediately turned my gaze to something else, knocked for a loop. He as well was stunned for a moment or I thought he was from my perspective. I stood up, firmly feet on the ground as I felt my cheeks tinted like a tomato and strolled down the park, away from him. I heard him cracked a laugh out loud in the wide open space whilst calling my name in between guffaws.

"Hey Jenna, wait up!" He shouted out as he started chasing my pace.

Not saying anything, I continued walking with the feeling of embarrassment not because of what just happened but because of the thoughts that played in my mind over and over, agreeing with the fact that I actually liked it.