Chapter 15

Jace took my bag off the trunk as I sighed enough for him to hear me and gave me his attention.

"Maybe I should just go stay at Kira's for a while." I nodded to myself and convincing Jace as well.

"No. I already told them you'll be back now." Jace tucked the loose strands of hair across my face behind my ears.

"But—"

"No buts. Now follow me. Go grab your purse." He gestured towards the backseat and made his way to the door.

I sighed once more opening the backseat door and grabbed my purse. Then I heard a loud and high pitch giggle across the street and saw a girl wrapping her arms around Dylan's waist as he whispered something to her ear. I scrunched up my nose in disgust seeing how the girl started kissing Dylan's neck. I shook my head, trying to get rid of the sight and closed the backseat door which made Dylan avert his eyes towards me. He immediately took a step back away from the girl like he was caught stealing something that made the girl frown. I just scoffed and raised my thumb up in the air towards them and walked towards the door.

I slowly opened the door in front of me and took a peek, seeing dad, Lucy and Jace sitting on the couch, talking about something I could not hear clearly.

I stepped inside home and cleared my throat as I closed the door completely behind me. All eyes turned to me and I bit the inside of my cheeks as I started pacing off nervously and sat on the couch beside Jace and across Dad and Lucy.

"Go on!" Jace whispered beside me, elbowing to start talking.

"I-I uhh, I'm sorry for making such a huge mess." I said looking down my feet.

"And?" Jace eyed on me and I gazed at him split second before looking down again.

"And for being such a disrespectful brat." I quoted my Dad's words.

"Jade!" Jace whispered quickly.

"I mean for being a disrespectful person, getting really mad and for making you guys feel bad about what I said." I said rapidly whilst Jace was nodding.

"And?"

"I promise to be a more good sister to Alec."

"And?" Jace demanded for more. I tried to think of something else, more words or anything that I am sorry for.

"Jace, there's no more! You want to switch places?" I glared at him.

"You spoiled brat!" Jace flicked my forehead and I swat his arms while he flicked my forehead again.

We continued doing it over and over until we heard Dad cleared his throat. We both looked at him the same time.

"You know sometimes I do still think you are kids." Dad looked at us sternly but Lucy smiled.

"I'm already eighteen Dad."

"Yeah, but acting like half your age." I murmured.

"I heard that you ungrateful brat!"

"Okay, enough." Dad ordered us.

"I'm sorry." We said in unison.

"Jade, have you already given a thought of what you did the last time was not good?" Dad asked me.

I just nodded.

"I know you are hurt as well as you Jace about my decision regarding Lucy and Alec. And I am really sorry."

Both Jace and I remained silent. The goofiness we shared earlier died down along the words dad had spoken.

"So I am going to completely tell you about everything." Dad continued.

"What everything?" Jace frowned and leave me with a very confused face.

"About your Mom and your Aunt Lucy."

"Not now, Jason. I think it's not the right time." Lucy touched Dad's arm as he looked at her with a are-you-really-sure-look? and she nodded in response.

"Really? What do you know about what's right for us?" I asked.

All eyes on me.

"Fine, whatever helps you sleep at night." I shrugged off.

The topic changed into a scolding about me being disrespectful and how sorry Dad was for letting us down. It gone for almost an hour and another conversation was opened until I was finally excused.

I hurried up to my room along with my bag and stripped down, really in need of a bath right after I shut my door.

When my pearl white bath tub was almost half-filled with warm water I added some sweet scented liquid soap and get in. I was so relieved that after a long and dreadful day I am finally back to my sanctuary.

After a very comforting bath, I settled in my pajamas, I took boo out of the blue paper bag that I tossed the last time I was in my room and hugged it as I rested myself on my bed. Remembering all the past events that happened the day before I leave home and onwards until I get back home.

I suddenly remembered the conversation I had with Parker and I pushed myself off the bed to grab the flash drive he handed me the night we talked. A part of me wanted to know what really happened that night of my accident and another part of me just wanted t to get rid of it and continue moving forward.

Holding the flash drive, still arguing to myself what to do, I came up with this crazy realization which happened to make sense anyway. I wanted to hit myself. I am smart. I knew that but it seemed like when it comes to those sort of things I tend to become the biggest dumb.

"If you really don't care about it, you shouldn't took the flash drive from Parker, Jade. But here you are, acting like some dummy and arguing to yourself." I talked to myself out loud.

I dragged myself to my study table where my laptop rested, I opened it and inserted the flash drive to one of the USB ports. After almost an hour of watching one of the most smokey and wild bodied video, all the memories that my brain were able to retrieve came back instantly and even those smallest once I have forgotten kicked me hardly. Warm tears fell silently on my cherrub cheeks before I even realized that I was crying.

"Parker didn't know all along." I said to myself as I felt a pang in my heart.

He was just dragged there and that wench whom I thought was a good friend did it all. He was so drunk that he even crawled his way upstairs yelling my name. I reckoned that he was surely looking for me. But, yes everything has a lots of buts and there's no one ever can't omit that word in their lives. So I could freely say — but he still end up hurting me. I was hurt emotionally and physically. Might as well add the socially part because after that not I lost a couple of friends or which I thought were my friends. I end up shitting on my head big time.

With all the things I rediscovered from the video and all the shit memories that resurfaced, I came up with the one final answer that I had been questioning myself since Parker came troubling me and that was whatever happened with me and him stays in the past. It may be good or bad but all of it doesn't belong to my present now. Things were whirlpool when he left and I don't want to be in the same boat again experiencing it all over again. Closing my relationship with him totally was not what I wanted but putting a limit to it.

I probably need to come up with a conclusion before I crossed my path with Parker once more.

A/N:
Due to the division of some preceding chapters, I'll be updating two new chapters today (chapters 15 and 16) and another one tomorrow (chapter 17) to make up to the sudden changes I made. Hope you guys are still enjoying this. Thank you so much! — stucknreverse xx