Chapter 38

The talk with Chloe was so intense, annoyingly loud and awkward. She was so fired up and her being the crazy drama queen who wanted attention played the I-am-the-victim-here card and she tried to make her fake tears fell to her cheeks when random jocks, Thea and Gisele came in. Of course, I did nothing. I just stood there and looked at her, almost yawning, waiting for her to finish all her rants and untheatrical works that made me crave for popcorn. Not to mention that when Dylan did not sympathize her actions that made her more furious.

The point was I don't owe her any explanations. She ended her relationship with Dylan a couple of months ago when she cheated for God knows who. I badly wanted to enroll her to an acting workshop so the next time she tries to create some kind of pathetic drama she would be more believable.

She then pulled more humiliating acts and then tried to push me off the lake. It was a good thing Mr. Dawson came on right timing or else I could have dragged her with me to the lake. Mr. Dawson made us stop and reminded me that Mrs. Collins was waiting for me near the tree swings.

As much as I wanted to stay away from Mrs. Collins, I obliged myself to meet her just to get rid of Chloe and her minions. I had enough drama in my life and I'm absolutely not welcoming new ones.

"What took you so long, Ms. Crowell?" Mrs. Collins adjusted her cat eye framed glasses.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Collins, I enjoyed talking to Chloe. I lost track of time." I apologized sarcastically.

"Hmm. No wonder why." Mrs. Collins looked at me and Dylan, hand in hand. She knew about Chloe and Dylan before, most of the school does. "Are you coming with us, Mr. Sky?"

"I want to learn something new Mrs. Collins. I find this interesting." Dylan said that made Mrs. Collins shook her head, eyebrows slopes down, apparently she doesn't believe him.

Myself didn't believe him as well. He clearly was just too implausible. But I was glad he came along since I was planning to forced him to come with me but he came willingly, without me even asking.

As we stride along the bush in between the tree swings and the opening of the woods, Mrs. Collins eyes sparkled again like glitters shimmering when light ricocheted. She had been asking me for to the outmost about scientific names that made my brain cells work twice as I always do trying to recall the words I have read and memorized. If not an artist, I could be a botanist by then.

"That's a Berberidaceae, Mrs. Collins." I sighed while she was pointing a barberry with her tip of her pen. It was the seventh one.

"Think again, Ms. Crowell." She shook her head.

I don't think I could. My brain was drained and my focus were on the big rock nearby where I left my childish prank for Dylan.

"Berberis.. something." I looked up the dimming sky, trying to remember the exact name.

Some part of me regretted the decision of leaving Chloe. I should've just stayed and listen to Dylan's crazy ex-girlfriend thoughts.

Even Dylan got tired and sat flat on the ground tossing small rocks on the ground and picking it up again, repeating the cycles all over. It's quite annoying but I pushed it aside as I kept on raking my brain for the word I was looking for.

"Something?" Mrs. Collins hummed.

"Glaucocarpa?" My head started rumbling. She was the only one having fun.

"Good. Berberidaceae is the family where it belong." She corrected me.

"Why are we even doing this Mrs. Collins? I'm pretty sure you know every weed, flower and trees here. So why bother?" Dylan finally let the small rocks rest. He stood up and patted his butt clean.