Twenty Nine

Reader's notice: This chapter may contain MATURE content. Read at your own will.

Janessa

Things have been going really well between Shawn and I lately, and I really couldn't be happier. Shawn can sometimes be kind of stupid, like falling off a scooter and landing on his face to not break his wrists, but I still love him. His logic behind it wasn't quite right, but I get it. His face is pretty cut up and bruises, and so are his hands and parts of his legs, but thank god he's alright and nothing too serious happened.

"Mmm. Good morning, my love." (Shawn says giving me a peck on the cheek)

"Good morning. How you feeling today?" (I say turning his face to the side to see his cuts)

"I'm alright. It's really nothing, I'm fine really." (Shawn)

"Mhmm, sure you are." (I say applying some ointment)

"The real question is are you alright?" (Shawn)

"What do you mean?" (me)

"Well, I'm not the one growing a baby in my tummy so.." (Shawn)

"True.. Wait. Did you just say 'tummy'?" (me)

"Yeah, I did. Why?" (Shawn)

"No reason. There, all done." (I say as I finish applying the ointment)

"Thanks babe." (Shawn)

"Of course, my love." (me)

We get some breakfast and coffee and eat it in the hotel, and I gotta say, Nashville is not what I expected it to be. We're headed out for Crossroads with Zac Brown Band soon and I can't wait! And after tonight, we are off to Minnesota for another show for a Target employee concert thing, then back home. I can't wait to go back home and just rest and spend time with Shawn and his family.

Shawn and I spent the morning in bed with breakfast and coffee and just talking. Things have been much better since our little incidence. We've spent the majority of our time together, since I came back, talking about the baby and how we would tell other people and essentially to the rest of the world. We haven't come up with anything yet, because we keep on getting sidetracked. But we'll figure something out soon, hopefully.

********************

We left Nashville, to head back home to Toronto for a short break before heading out on the festival run again. Aaliyah's birthday was going to happen while Shawn and I are here, so this year we decided that we would host her 15th birthday party at the condo. Aaliyah invited a few close friends and of course, their family, and kept it a small celebration. We set everything up on the rooftop where most "events" were held since its more spacious than our condo. I'm so excited because I finally get to meet Shawn's Avó who he talks about all the time, and not to mention, she's the one who gave Shawn the necklace that he wears all the time. And I also can't wait to meet Aaliyah's best friend, who she talks about all the time, since I've never met her before.

Shawn, Aaliyah, Karen, Manny, Drey and I are all on the rooftop, finishing all the preparations as the guests slowly start trickling in. A few of Aaliyah's friends arrive first, as well as some family friends, and then finally, Shawn's Avó arrives.

"Hi, Avó. I've missed you so much. I haven't seen you for a while." (Shawn)

"Ah, my grandson. Oh how I have missed you so. How are you, dear?" (Avó)

"I'm doing well Avó, there's someone I want you to meet." (Shawn says gesturing me over)

"Ah, this is the girl who has my Shawn's heart." (Avó)