Twenty Five

Reader's notice: This chapter may contain MATURE scenes. Read at your own will.

Janessa

"Baby names? Already?" (me)

"Well, I don't see why not haha." (Shawn)

"Maybe tomorrow morning? It's almost 2am and you just got back and I'm sure you're just as tired, if not even more tired than I am." (me)

"True. Yeah let's discuss this tomorrow morning then. Over breakfast?" (Shawn)

"Okay. Goodnight." (I say kissing him before turning out the lights)

"Goodnight my love." (Shawn)

It's moments like these when everything just falls away and it's as if there aren't any problems in the world and it's just him and me. Together, but of course with our growing baby. I put my hands around my stomach, and Shawn puts his arms around me and we fall asleep. 

I had a dream that Shawn and I have a baby girl, and we named her Skylar. I remembered that from an interview I watched from before I met him. Our little baby girl, Skylar. She had his eyes and my nose, a mix between Shawn's lips and mine. She was our perfect little angel. We went home to Toronto and his parents, Aaliyah, and Drey got to meet her and hold her. Then my parents showed up and started yelling at my baby and Shawn moved me behind him protecting me and Skylar from them. He told them to leave and they didn't. Then my father and Shawn began to fight, and my dad was beating and hurting Shawn so badly. I was crying telling them to stop and there's was nothing any of us could do. Before my father could throw the last punch I woke up in a cold sweat.

"AHHH!!" (I screamed jolting up)

"What? What's wrong?!" (Shawn says waking up immediately)

"I.. I had a dream that turned so horrible within seconds and..." (I say before I break down into tears)

"Aw baby don't cry. It's okay. Whatever it is, I'm here, right here. I promise." (Shawn says pulling me to him and holding me as I cry into his chest)

"It was awful. So awful. We were so happy and then it all got ruined." (I say through sobs)

"What happened, hun?" (Shawn)

"We had our baby, it was a girl and we named her Skylar. Then we went to visit your family with Drey and my parents came and my father he started yelling at us and you protected me and fought for me and I couldn't do anything to stop my father... and I-I woke up before you--" (I couldn't bring myself to say it and cried even more)

"Oh hunny, it's okay. Don't worry. I'm here. Look at me." (he says lifting my chin for me to meet his eyes)

I look at him, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere. That ring on your finger and our baby growing in your stomach proves that I am going to be here for you always, no matter what happens. I promise you, I promise that I will love you and protect you and our baby forever." (Shawn)

I couldn't do anything but hold him close and cry silently into his chest. But once I calmed down enough, Shawn made us some coffee and we sat in silence while sipping our coffee on the bed.

********************

"We have to pack up and get ready to head back home." (Shawn)

"Home?" (me)

"Yeah, home. We have to leave in a few hours and I'm sorry I forgot to mention it. I was caught up in the VMAs and my performance and-" (Shawn)

"No no, it's okay. And I'm sure my pregnancy surprise didn't help much either, but I'm glad we're finally going back home. Even though it'll only be for a short while." (me)