Twenty Two

Reader's notice: There may contain MATURE scenes in this chapter. Read at your own will.

Janessa

Last night was literally the most incredible thing I have ever experienced in my entire life. I never dream of ever performing on stage in front of thousands and thousands of people with the man of my dreams and the love of my life who I am going to married to in the future. It's like a perfect dream come true. I couldn't imagine life with anyone else. Now that Shawn and I came out with our engagement in public, news has been blowing saying things like "CANADIAN SINGER-SONGWRITER ENGAGED, NOW OFF THE MARKET" or "SHAWN MENDES FOLLOWING THE TREND OF QUICK ENGAGEMENTS?" or "SHAWN and JANESSA, HAILEY and JUSTIN, PRIYANKA and NICK. ANYONE SEE A PATTERN HERE?". It all seems surreal. I just realized that I hadn't paid much attention to the news and all the "hot celebrity gossip" and so until tonight, I didn't know what people were saying about us, and it's all becoming too real now. I called Drey right after the show and told him so that he wouldn't have to hear it from other sources. Drey told me that knew the whole time because Shawn had asked for his blessing, since our parents aren't "in the picture" anymore. After I ended the call, my phone started blowing up with notifications from old friends and acquaintances saying their 'congratulations' and I decided to turn off all of my notifications because I couldn't really deal with it.

"Are you okay?" (Manny)

He must have asked because I was staring intently at my phone, scrolling through the news and tabloids and gossip all blowing up, so many pictures of us everywhere.

"I think I'm alright. I mean, we all knew this was going to happen when we made our decision." (me)

"That's true, but what can you do? I can clearly see how much you love each other and there's no question about it. If people can't accept the fact that you two are engaged and going to be married, eventually, then they're the problem and not you. You two just happened to meet each other and fall in love, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just that the industry that Shawn's in, it isn't the best one out there, you know." (Manny)

"Yeah, I guess so. Thank you Manny. I really appreciate it. You're the best, future, father-in-law a girl could have." (me)

"Anytime sweetheart." (Manny says giving me a hug)

********************

Shawn finished his show and we all went to the car and headed back to the hotel to fly to Budapest, Hungary for the Sziget festival! When we get to the hotel, Shawn and I shower and change into some comfortable clothes for the flight and then hurry to pack up all of our things and head down to the lobby entrance where everyone is waiting for us. When we get down there, there is so much paparazzi it's crazy. Flashes going off right and left, and all of them shouting questions for us to answer, Shawn puts his hand on the small of my back and guides me to the car. We say our farewells to Manny, since he's heading back home and he wishes us luck and safety. Then Shawn gives our luggage to Jake to load into the car and off we go. We get to the plane in no time and we're off to Hungary. 

The flight was only about three and a half hours or so, so Shawn and I slept throughout the flight to rest up and Shawn wore his funky orange glasses thing to help him fall asleep faster. We get to Hungary and I am so tuckered out from all the traveling and the show from last night. I don't understand how he does it, I know it's what he is passionate about, so for him it's tiring, but oh so worth it. We get to the hotel late in the morning and settle in. He plays for the festival later tonight, so we have time to rest and relax.

"Nessa, you hungry babe?" (Shawn)

"Yes I am, very." (I say hopping onto the bed)

"Room service?" (Shawn)